An Old School Catholic Message Board

Children Of Mary

Lumiere

OnlySunshine

How close is this community to becoming a religious institute?  They are listed under "lay movements" in the Diocese of Columbus website.

They do have a lay association with their order.  It's called Torchbearers of the Queen, I believe.  They also have Ora et Labora days for lay people to come and serve during certain times of the year.  I think they are still working with the Bishop on becoming a formal religious institute.  Obviously, they still have several years to go before being able to seek Diocesan or Pontifical Right status.  :)

Kayte Postle

They do have a lay association with their order.  It's called Torchbearers of the Queen, I believe.  They also have Ora et Labora days for lay people to come and serve during certain times of the year.  I think they are still working with the Bishop on becoming a formal religious institute.  Obviously, they still have several years to go before being able to seek Diocesan or Pontifical Right status.  :)

Torchbearers of the Queen is actually an apostolate of theirs that ministers to girls and young women.  But yes, they are still technically a lay association, when I spoke to Mother Margaret Mary on Tuesday she mentioned that they are currently in the process of submitting their Rule and Constitution to the Bishop.

OnlySunshine

Torchbearers of the Queen is actually an apostolate of theirs that ministers to girls and young women.  But yes, they are still technically a lay association, when I spoke to Mother Margaret Mary on Tuesday she mentioned that they are currently in the process of submitting their Rule and Constitution to the Bishop.

Oh, dear!  I am sorry for the misinformation.  I think I was getting them confused with another order.  :blush:

BTW, are they a public association of the faithful or still private?  I only ask to keep things consistent on my website for belated vocations.  I've decided not to list any communities that are still in the private phase.  :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Kayte Postle

BTW, are they a public association of the faithful or still private?  I only ask to keep things consistent on my website for belated vocations.  I've decided not to list any communities that are still in the private phase.  :)

Not sure about that one, I think that they are a public association, but I will ask Mother or one of the sisters when I'm out there tomorrow to make sure. =)

OnlySunshine

Not sure about that one, I think that they are a public association, but I will ask Mother or one of the sisters when I'm out there tomorrow to make sure. =)

I'd appreciate it.  I'd love to keep these beautiful Sisters on my list so I'm hoping they are a public association.  ;)