An Old School Catholic Message Board

Urgent Prayer Request

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Hi... A few of you know that I am essentially a janitor for the Catholic diocease of Manchester NH and have other commitees at my church as well. Well I am the admin of the Youth Ministry (STYM) FB page. Almost 11 months ago I went to the March for life and posted the pics on the page. None of our kids went no big deal was made of the pix. Now this past week we admitted a new member to the FB group and she actually was active!!! That never happens! So terrific right! Well, she found a pic of a powerful prolife poster I took and said it was gross. Fr. removed the pic and discussion on it . Now Fr. is going to come down on me for it and I will need the strength not to A.) Cower, B.) Hulk out. This Priest is well, I am trying to beat around the bush, this is online and anyone can technically read it, completely opposed to orthodoxy. He signs my paycheck and I am certainly not overqualified to have this job. I was almost shocked to get it in fact. STYM has a meeting tonight and he has made it clear that this will be an unhappy topic in it. Pray for his Conversion and that all the ppl in the room don't lose complete faith, cower, quit, yell, get good at WWE wrestling moves, and that we can I dunno, allow Catholicism at our Catholic Church. Would be kinda nice. Deacon isn't allowed to do homilies anymore because last time ppl left and didn't come back including adult members of STYM. Fr. has shut down the Prolife commitee and was paticullarly upset with the one thing I said in those minutes. Heaven forbid we actually preach the authentic Gospel. At least our Sacraments are valid :|

KnightofChrist

If a better one exist near by, find another parish. If your livelihood doesn't depend on this job, quit. If it does find another job then quit.

If you do speak to him be respectful, but be brave, do not feel sorry or apologize for things you have no reason to be sorry for.

LittleWaySoul

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1353942538' post='2516943']
praying that the Holy Spirit would guide your words.
[/quote]

This. It's amazing how well He works sometimes. You are very brave and I'm sad to hear about something like this happening, but I'm glad you're there to do something about it. Prayers <3

Prayers.

It sounds like an odd suggestion, but I'm asking your guardian angel to talk to his. Sometimes they can help with stuff like this....

Praying ESPECIALLY for him.... sounds like he could use them.

And praying for you, of course!!!

Don't forget to ask the Saints for prayers; and perhaps bring a crowd of martyrs and saints into that room with you.....

Sounds to me like they're lucky to have you on staff, and thanks for having the guts to stand up for your convictions...

God Bless and Praying for you...

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1353941374' post='2516935']
Hi... A few of you know that I am essentially a janitor for the Catholic diocease of Manchester NH and have other commitees at my church as well. Well I am the admin of the Youth Ministry (STYM) FB page. Almost 11 months ago I went to the March for life and posted the pics on the page. None of our kids went no big deal was made of the pix. Now this past week we admitted a new member to the FB group and she actually was active!!! That never happens! So terrific right! Well, she found a pic of a powerful prolife poster I took and said it was gross. Fr. removed the pic and discussion on it . Now Fr. is going to come down on me for it and I will need the strength not to A.) Cower, B.) Hulk out. This Priest is well, I am trying to beat around the bush, this is online and anyone can technically read it, completely opposed to orthodoxy. He signs my paycheck and I am certainly not overqualified to have this job. I was almost shocked to get it in fact. STYM has a meeting tonight and he has made it clear that this will be an unhappy topic in it. Pray for his Conversion and that all the ppl in the room don't lose complete faith, cower, quit, yell, get good at WWE wrestling moves, and that we can I dunno, allow Catholicism at our Catholic Church. Would be kinda nice. Deacon isn't allowed to do homilies anymore because last time ppl left and didn't come back including adult members of STYM. Fr. has shut down the Prolife commitee and was paticullarly upset with the one thing I said in those minutes. Heaven forbid we actually preach the authentic Gospel. At least our Sacraments are valid :|
[/quote]
I know exactly how you feel. To beat the cowering and/or rage face. I wrote the PP a very nice and unusually tactful (for me) letter to which he never responded except to be extremely nice. He needs to be because apart from paid cleaner all my other duties are volunteer. More problems expected. :unsure: You pray for me and I'll pray for you :saint2: .

Thanks for the support guys. Fr. didn't show last night. So it will likely come up at next Monday's meeting. I mean it guys thanks. Praying for you as well, and considering all of your advice. God's will be done!!!