An Old School Catholic Message Board

The New Roman Missal Is 1 Year Old

MissyP89

[quote name='mirusmundi' timestamp='1354001439' post='2517583']
Yes times a hundred trillion.

I've always wanted to have been born in the late 1930s, to see the 40s and 50s...except, I'd have to live through Vatican II. Would NOT have handled that well. God knows what He's doing when he puts us in our eras. Let's just say Lady Diana handled the eye-spitting with much more grace than I would have been capable.
[/quote]
Have you read that book that was recently published, with the letters of Evelyn Waugh on the subject of the liturgical 'reform'? Fascinating read, and a quick one too.

Ash Wednesday

I looked around and saw my local parish was still in a very ugly building and the priest was still a grumpy liberal, and I was sorely disappointed.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='mirusmundi' timestamp='1354001439' post='2517583']
Yes times a hundred trillion.

I've always wanted to have been born in the late 1930s, to see the 40s and 50s...except, I'd have to live through Vatican II. Would NOT have handled that well. God knows what He's doing when he puts us in our eras. Let's just say Lady Diana handled the eye-spitting with much more grace than I would have been capable.
[/quote]

I always day-dream about what it would be like to have been born in 1880, and to live life as a Catholic with the Traditional Latin Mass and without electricity. I'm a huge fan of candles and fire in general.

:pope2: :cloud9:

Ditto about the eye-spitting.

I love it!

My parish has actually seemed to grow a bit... Whether that is from the New Translation or from having a flippin' amesome Pastor, I'm not sure.

To be honest, I've mostly memorized the Nicene Creed just fine. The transition over wasnt difficult, because I had never gotten to know the old one all that well.

We do still have the pew cards as well.

The only time I notice slip ups is at funerals and weddings. Im sure there are more, but since I am always serving, I never notice them.

On a side note: For Christmas this year, my dad is buying me my own St. Joesph's Missal for weekdays and Sundays. Im super pumped.  :w00t:

Prayers for any of you guys that are having trouble with it. :)

Edited by BigJon16

I like it. I have the occasional misstep, but that's ok. For some reason I seem to flub the "enter under my roof" portion more than anything else.

MissScripture

I like it. I have the occasional misstep, but that's ok. For some reason I seem to flub the "enter under my roof" portion more than anything else.

I think that part is the hardest for me to adjust to, because I'm not under my roof, I'm at Church, under God's roof! I know that's not what it means, but that's where my brain takes it. 

PhuturePriest

The part where we say "I am unworthy that you should enter under my roof" gave me a hard time at the beginning. Not because of the different words. I had already been saying it daily not knowing that was going to be a part of the Mass. What messed me up is that in my prayer book it says "I am not worthy that thou shouldst enter under my roof." The bolded words gave me a hard time because I was always accidentally saying those instead.

MissScripture

I think that part is the hardest for me to adjust to, because I'm not under my roof, I'm at Church, under God's roof! I know that's not what it means, but that's where my brain takes it. 

Never thought of it that way. Maybe if I have a priest over for supper and he decides to say Mass I'll get it right!

Never thought of it that way. Maybe if I have a priest over for supper and he decides to say Mass I'll get it right!

homeschoolmom

You said that already. :| I love it when a double post is interrupted by another poster. ;)