An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hilarious Wedding Photos

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

So I promised I would post pictures of the wedding when they started to come in. Well, the thing is, they are absolutely hilarious! I always have a funny facial expression. Here are my absolute favorites with my commentary:

First up, we have me smiling at my sister like a loon:

558915_10151175416054422_253990523_n.jpg

Next up, we have me glaring at Michael as he puts the ring on my sister's finger like I am going to kill him (Even though I really love Michael and I am glad he married my sister):

155912_10151175415704422_804154900_n.jpg

And then last but certainly not least, we have my absolute favorite picture. I look pained, like something is killing me emotionally, haha!

302747_10151175415459422_1478135575_n.jp

And then I figure I might as well do a normal picture. This is a picture of Father Brendan and I during the dance:

402998_10151175418159422_734233456_n.jpg

These next ones are my absolute favorite. The garter toss was INTENSE! One of the groomsmen really wanted to get it, and he ended up tackling me down and landing on me, and he's like, four times my size!

484251_10151175427309422_356717791_n.jpg

154676_10151175427364422_1684910867_n.jp

I saw one of the wider shots of the sanctuary on your Facebook profile. The church is very interesting. Is that altar rail actually used?

PhuturePriest

I saw one of the wider shots of the sanctuary on your Facebook profile. The church is very interesting. Is that altar rail actually used?

The Church is barren. The altar rail and everything was added there because we demanded that it not look like a Baptist Church. We had to take the altar rail and everything out immediately because Saturday evening Mass was started an hour after the wedding, and they would not tolerate it being there.

The Church is barren. The altar rail and everything was added there because we demanded that it not look like a Baptist Church. We had to take the altar rail and everything out immediately because Saturday evening Mass was started an hour after the wedding, and they would not tolerate it being there.

Very sad. :(

It actually could be quite nice with a few changes. Those changes would not even have to be particularly expensive. Although a few major changes would really help as well.

But working with what they have, with only a few minor additions, they could make a perfectly acceptable little sanctuary.

PhuturePriest

Very sad. :(

It actually could be quite nice with a few changes. Those changes would not even have to be particularly expensive. Although a few major changes would really help as well.

But working with what they have, with only a few minor additions, they could make a perfectly acceptable little sanctuary.

Indeed. When I was discerning I always hoped that I would become a Priest and get assigned there so I could save it from falling off the cliff of agonizingly ugly. There aren't even statues in the Church. The "parish life coordinator" (We have one because we do not have a resident Priest) does not believe in statues, so there are none in the Church. It is completely barren.

Indeed. When I was discerning I always hoped that I would become a Priest and get assigned there so I could save it from falling off the cliff of agonizingly ugly. There aren't even statues in the Church. The "parish life coordinator" (We have one because we do not have a resident Priest) does not believe in statues, so there are none in the Church. It is completely barren.

I noticed. I almost wondered if it was a multi-denominational military chapel or something.

If someone put me in charge of that place, first I would push the altar against the back wall, then put the tabernacle on the altar along with a good altar cross. Put a Marian statue in the little niche where the tabernacle is now. Definitely the altar rail would stay up. Lots of altar cloths on the altar, because as is it is pretty ugly.

Then over time the goal would be replacing the altar and pulpit with more dignified ones, as well as making good use of sacred art in the sanctuary and nave.

PhuturePriest

I noticed. I almost wondered if it was a multi-denominational military chapel or something.

If someone put me in charge of that place, first I would push the altar against the back wall, then put the tabernacle on the altar along with a good altar cross. Put a Marian statue in the little niche where the tabernacle is now. Definitely the altar rail would stay up. Lots of altar cloths on the altar, because as is it is pretty ugly.

Then over time the goal would be replacing the altar and pulpit with more dignified ones, as well as making good use of sacred art in the sanctuary and nave.

You've really thought about this, haha. What I would do is I would invite Cardinal Arinze and go "Do your magic!"

You've really thought about this, haha. What I would do is I would invite Cardinal Arinze and go "Do your magic!"

When I am faced with a particularly blood-pressure-spiking Mass, sometimes I re-arrange the sanctuary in my head in order to stay sane. :| I have a lot of practice.

Mary+Immaculate<3

These next ones are my absolute favorite. The garter toss was INTENSE! One of the groomsmen really wanted to get it, and he ended up tackling me down and landing on me, and he's like, four times my size!

Did he get it?!

Also, is Fr. Brendan your spiritual director?

PhuturePriest

Did he get it?!

Also, is Fr. Brendan your spiritual director?

No, haha. He tackled me down and he did not get it.

And no. He is a Benedictine Monk from Benedictine College. The reason he is not wearing his habit is because he wears his normal Priestly clothes when he does weddings and things like that, and when he is at the college he wears his habit.

PhuturePriest

You may look hilarious, but your sister looks beautiful! I love her dress!

Haha, I agree! Her dress was modeled after Kate Middleton's dress, just more modest around the chest.