An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hilarious Wedding Photos

PhuturePriest

ChristinaTherese

Could we see any pictures of your sister from the front? I'd like to see more of that dress.... She looks beautiful!

PhuturePriest

Could we see any pictures of your sister from the front? I'd like to see more of that dress.... She looks beautiful!

Haha. Goodness, people. If you are more interested in the bride than the altar server/alleged usher, than go ahead and stare at her dress! :P

155491_10151175411559422_1854528152_n.jp

32398_10151175414229422_767975373_n.jpg

526958_10151175416314422_1119809377_n.jp

ChristinaTherese

Haha. Goodness, people. If you are more interested in the bride than the altar server/alleged usher, than go ahead and stare at her dress! :P

:hehe2: Thanks.

homeschoolmom

Haha, I agree! Her dress was modeled after Kate Middleton's dress, just more modest around the chest.

Have to admit, when I saw Kate Middleton's dress I was so excited to see that sleeves would soon be making a comeback.

Lol! I love the one where you're staring down the groom! I know, like in half of my pictures someone is caught in a super weird expression. The photographer takes so many pictures, they're bound to catch someone looking weird. And in the majority of our pictures, the wedding party looks SO incredibly serious too, like it's a funeral or something. :P

Here's me with the groom, looking like he's about to faint. 

306658_4334505434656_1457511036_n.jpg

I love this picture where I'm dancing with my father. The groom looks absolutely defeated, like "I can't believe he took her back...."

44255_4334801402055_1021000574_n.jpg

Here, one of our friend's kids wanted to be really involved in the cake cutting, so we have pictures of a mohawked kid in all our cake cutting pictures. :P I love it though.

486898_4334826082672_94859570_n.jpg

By the way, I also love what you guys did with the church by adding the altar rail. It's absolutely beautiful. It's unfortunate they're so set on keeping it barren.

Again, your sister looks beautiful. I especially love her veil. Oh, and Fr. Brendan is awesome! You guys were lucky to have him.

[quote]When I am faced with a particularly blood-pressure-spiking Mass, sometimes I re-arrange the sanctuary in my head in order to stay sane.  :| I have a lot of practice.[/quote]

Ugh, I do this too! It does seem to keep me sane, but on the other hand, it drives me crazy too! I tell myself I should be thinking about the Mass, and not about how much like a barn/stadium/model runway/space ship the Catholic church looks. But it's really hard sometimes. THIS is why we have sacred architecture - to bring our minds to God. Instead we have "Hey I have this cool idea for a church! Let's make it look like a moon lander!" It's distracting as ever.

PhuturePriest

Lol! I love the one where you're staring down the groom! I know, like in half of my pictures someone is caught in a super weird expression. The photographer takes so many pictures, they're bound to catch someone looking weird. And in the majority of our pictures, the wedding party looks SO incredibly serious too, like it's a funeral or something. :P

I love this picture where I'm dancing with my father. The groom looks absolutely defeated, like "I can't believe he took her back...."

Here, one of our friend's kids wanted to be really involved in the cake cutting, so we have pictures of a mohawked kid in all our cake cutting pictures. :P I love it though.

By the way, I also love what you guys did with the church by adding the altar rail. It's absolutely beautiful. It's unfortunate they're so set on keeping it barren.

Again, your sister looks beautiful. I especially love her veil. Oh, and Fr. Brendan is awesome! You guys were lucky to have him.

Ugh, I do this too! It does seem to keep me sane, but on the other hand, it drives me crazy too! I tell myself I should be thinking about the Mass, and not about how much like a barn/stadium/model runway/space ship the Catholic church looks. But it's really hard sometimes. THIS is why we have sacred architecture - to bring our minds to God. Instead we have "Hey I have this cool idea for a church! Let's make it look like a moon lander!" It's distracting as ever.

Haha, those photos are great! Thanks for sharing them! My favorite is when he is looking depressed, haha. :P

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Y'all are so cute!!! :)

PhuturePriest

Geez, all these wedding photos. I cannot wait for July. :smile3:

If you get wedding fever you can look through all the images of the wedding. I believe they are titled "Wedding Photos" and you can find them by looking at the pictures on my profile and then clicking the main album, not that you probably don't already know that, haha.

PhuturePriest

*props* :)

By the way, I told my sister about this thread. She is not satisfied with the picture I chose showing the front of her dress, so she gave me specific pictures to show in order to do the dress justice. :P I'll post them soon.