An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am So Depressed...

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

For some reason I remembered the thread where you Google your name and see what images come up. I was curious to see if anything was different. Things were definitely different. THESE are the images that came up... <_<

photo-thumb-14648.jpg?_r=1352949734

255442_391155464286115_1728819374_n.jpg

28899833.jpg

I am so depressed......

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

This should cheer you up:

aY1tr.gif

21119__safe_spike_sweetie-belle_animated

In a rather strange way, it actually did. Post-by-post you are turning me into you... God help us all...

In a rather strange way, it actually did. Post-by-post you are turning me into you... God help us all...

According to Alain Badiou this is fundamentally impossible. "Every situation, inasmuch as it is, is a multiple composed of an infinity of elements, each one of which is itself a multiple.

[...]

"Infinite alterity is quite simply what there is. Any experience at all is the infinite deployment of infinite differences. Even the apparently reflexive experience of myself is by no means the intuition of a unity but a labyrinth of differentiations, and Rimbaud was certainly not wrong when he said: 'I am another.'

[...]

"As man, but also, then, neither more nor less."

Essentially, what he is saying is that reality is infinitely isolated between all 'things', and all 'things' from even themselves. It strikes me as implicitly Buddhistic, asserting that wholes are fiction. Everything is infinitely divisible, divisible right down to the void of nothingness.

Therefore, it is impossible for you to become me. It is even impossible for me to be me. Our radically isolated existences can only be brought to a common mode of being through our participation in the universal Truth.

Edited by Nihil Obstat