An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poker

eagle_eye222001

Another reason Canada is not so bad after all. :P

Crazy stuff. I cannot believe I am actually planning on living over there with you guys. <_<

eagle_eye222001

Is online gambling still illegal in the US?

Sadly.

It totally makes sense that we should throw people in cages over gambling.

Except to arbitrarly allow it in certain 'boats' that may or may not be on a river.

Crazy stuff. I cannot believe I am actually planning on living over there with you guys. <_<

We need all the help we can get to make it better.  There's hope, right?

We need all the help we can get to make it better.  There's hope, right?

I always say, only half jokingly, that I want to live in Keene, NH and be part of the Free State Project. :P

You haven't changed your mind have you? :|

I always say, only half jokingly, that I want to live in Keene, NH and be part of the Free State Project. :P

Half jokingly? I'm totally serious. Keene is frackin beautiful.

eagle_eye222001

You could move to China and be part of the "The People's Republic of China."  Such a state with such a name couldn't possible be bad!  It is after all, the "People's Republic." :P

Is online gambling still illegal in the US?

A federal judge did rule that  poker is more a game of skill than chance, but as of now that and almost every other form of gambling is still illegal.

One of the exceptions however is fantasy sports. Thanks to this, a new type of fantasy sports game has emerged in the US (and Canada),  known as "Daily fantasy sports".  which is pretty much what it sounds like.  ( join different games every day,  choose your lineup, top places get X amount of dollars, etc, then do it all over again the next day.) they run just like the online poker tournaments.