An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prom Question

PhuturePriest

homeschoolmom

Yeah, too early for the prom.

Is there a winter dance that you maybe could take her to? Are there no homeschool dances in your area?

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Of course, phrased that way it is still pretty blatantly obvious what you are doing. :P
That is subtlety to a guy. To a girl that is practically hitting her over the head with your caveman club, then pounding your chest and going "ME, YOU, GO PARTY!"

I love this post so much words can not express :lol:

PhuturePriest

Yeah, too early for the prom.

Is there a winter dance that you maybe could take her to? Are there no homeschool dances in your area?

No, and no. The closest homeschool dance I found is in Wichita -- ninety miles away from me.

Basilisa Marie

Why are you thinking about prom in December when it's FOUR TO FIVE MONTHS AWAY?  :hehe2:

She probably isn't even thinking about prom yet.  Unless she's talking about it.  But under no circumstances should you bring up the topic of a prom at her school that is that far in the future. 

Edited by Basilisa Marie

PhuturePriest

Why are you thinking about prom in December when it's FOUR TO FIVE MONTHS AWAY?  :hehe2:

She probably isn't even thinking about prom yet.  Unless she's talking about it.  But under no circumstances should you bring up the topic of a prom at her school that is that far in the future. 

It's Nihil's fault! :P He jokingly said "Who knows, maybe she'll invite you to the prom?" But that got me thinking, and I realized just how beneficial to the relationship it would be if I could somehow get myself invited to the prom.

Now that we are friends on Facebook, it would be absolutely hilarious if someone accidentally sent her this link. :smile3:

Edited by Nihil Obstat

PhuturePriest

Now that we are friends on Facebook, it would be absolutely hilarious if someone accidentally sent her this link. :smile3:

You're friends with Emily on Facebook?

Basilisa Marie

It's Nihil's fault! :P He jokingly said "Who knows, maybe she'll invite you to the prom?" But that got me thinking, and I realized just how beneficial to the relationship it would be if I could somehow get myself invited to the prom.

I had a great time at senior prom with my then-boyfriend. Now, six years later, we're both discerning marriage with our respective boyfriends.  :|

Maybe ask her to dinner now.  It's much easier to get invited to prom when you're already dating the person you want to go with.  :)

PhuturePriest

I had a great time at senior prom with my then-boyfriend. Now, six years later, we're both discerning marriage with our respective boyfriends.   :|

Maybe ask her to dinner now.  It's much easier to get invited to prom when you're already dating the person you want to go with.   :)

I'm not dating until college. Plus, we are three hours away from each other.

PhuturePriest

I am friends with you, so her profile is only a couple clicks away.

That would make this prom business really easy. Click away.

That would make this prom business really easy. Click away.

Lol, no. Not just yet, at least. I do not want to destroy your chances so early on. :|

homeschoolmom

Hokey smokes... Is that the new version of passing paper notes:

"Do you like Miles (check one):

Yes

No

Maybe"

Just via facebook???

PhuturePriest

Hokey smokes... Is that the new version of passing paper notes:

"Do you like Miles (check one):

Yes

No

Maybe"

Just via facebook???

Haha. It would be better if we went to the same school, that way I could have it written down on an iPod and pass it down to her during class.