An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entering Carmel Christmas Eve

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in the phatmass phamily for all the very interesting and informative threads over the years. I know I say goodbye every year or so and I don't want this to be yet another one of those farewells that isn't a farewell, but I did feel it would be common courtesy to at least satisfy the curiosity of those who want to know the outcome of my discernment journey from Wolverhampton Carmel around the world several times and finally back to Wolverhampton Carmel again.

I leave Australia on December 20th and will be arriving in England on December 21st. The visa was approved so quickly, and if it hadn't been for the delays by government organizations in trying to get copies of necessary documents like birth certificates and marriage certificates of mother, grandparents etc, I would have been able to get back when I hoped to - at the start of December for my Novice Mistress' Golden Jubilee (I hope to get photos on their website as soon as they are sent to me). But as we all know, things happen, and our plans may not be His plans. As it is, I can't wait another moment longer to return so even though it would be nice to spend Christmas with my dear sister here, she understands that my soul won't rest until I am back in Carmel.

Reverend Mother has asked me to enter just before First Vespers of Christmas, as they are all running around trying to get everything ready for Christmas and she didn't feel the rushing around to finish last minute things would be an appropriate entrance to Carmel. I am going to spend a couple of days in a hotel first to rest and recover from the very very long flight (31 hours and 20 minutes). I also hope to visit the sweet woman who was my landlady while I was there - she had a baby girl just before I left and I would love to see her.

I have a friend who posts here on phatmass from time to time and I will be writing to her when allowed and perhaps she will occasionally post an update, such as clothing or something like that. I will be praying for all of you, not only those of you discerning, but all the pham here.

I know that not everyone here is supportive of my attempts to enter religious life at my age, but in the end it isn't about what we think, but about what God wants. So please let your prayers be that in all things He is praised and glorified and that we all try to love each other as He loves us. It isn't the results that matter, only our efforts to please Him.

Much love in Our Lord Jesus

Sr Teresa of the Cross :)

I'm so happy for you nunsense - I think I made a little "squee" noise when I read the heading.

You'll be in my prayers, please keep me in yours.  

God be with you always.

I am so, so happy for you nunsense. I have always admired your perseverance in your vocation, and I am glad you have finally been able to find your home. 

What a wonderful Birthday present you will be to the Lord.

A lovely day to formally enter.

God bless you Nunsense. Prayers for you and please pray for us all when you are in Carmel. :)

Spem in alium

It isn't the results that matter, only our efforts to please Him.

So true.
This is wonderful news, nunsense! I'm so happy for you :) Will keep you in prayer, especially on Dec. 24.

Mary's Margaret

Oh Nunsense, what wonderful news to carry into Christmas.  I will continue to hold you and your dear Sisters up in prayer. 

If you could, would you please say a prayer for me in Carmel as I, too, find my way to live in praise of Him.

May God bless you and keep you close to His heart. 

Nunsense, Keeping you and your sisters in my prayers. How wonderful to enter on Christmas eve. Thank you for all your inspiration over the years. God bless you and keep you close.

Your search for God's will has been an inspiration to me Nunsense; may He reward you for your perseverence even in this life.  Thank you for sharing so much of it with us here.  A blessed rest of  Advent to you and I will remember to offer prayers of thanksgiving for your entrance on Christmas Eve. What joy to be entering Carmel on that day! :nunpray:

Edited by inperpetuity

Have been keeping an eye out for news of when you are entering.  Wonderful news, nunsense!  And may Christmas 2012 bring you every joy and happiness and onwards into your journey.