An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entering Carmel Christmas Eve

AccountDeleted

DC (and others), go back & read the whole thread... there have been some updates in last few pages....  God does interesting things sometimes...

Edited by AnneLine

AccountDeleted
DC (and others), go back & read the whole thread... there have been some updates in last few pages....  God does interesting things sometimes...

:)

Yeah - I can't change the title of this thread and I don't really want to start another one but now I will be leaving Australia on New Year's Eve and entering Wolverhampton Carmel on the 4th of January. Mother sent me a lovely e-card showing a little choir boy standing outside the church singing a Christmas Carol and she wrote that next year I will be inside with the rest of the choir!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and even though my heart nearly broke when I realised I wouldn't be there for Christmas, I know that God is simply preparing me and increasing my longing for Him and for Carmel. I've been waiting this long, a few days more is just a blessing of its own.

Won't you be glad when you have entered, and are inside the walls of wolverhampton convent you'll be able to breath a sigh of relief and feel the welcoming calming balm of your loving community and our Lord God and say GOODBYE to all the stress and strains of everything you had to endure and go through! o;-))

Following you prayerfully all the way through your posts, nunsense.  4th January is the old calendar traditional feast of St Barbara and my birthday is on the 5th.  Keep me in prayer with us all as I know you will.  I am hoping that you just might be able to post even just rarely and now and then through your journey in Carmel - many here have followed your journey and at times in quite difficult and trying times.  It would be such a kindness from Mother Superior to us all who labour on on the outside - even though it would not really be a function of a Carmelite, I know.  Ahh well,, if not, we on the outside too can be asked to detach from what we hold most dear.  I know I will often wonder how things are going and with hope and prayer.

May between now and New Year's Eve pass very quickly for you.

AccountDeleted
Won't you be glad when you have entered, and are inside the walls of wolverhampton convent you'll be able to breath a sigh of relief and feel the welcoming calming balm of your loving community and our Lord God and say GOODBYE to all the stress and strains of everything you had to endure and go through! o;-))

I would laugh and agree if I weren't in so much discomfort right now and can't think about the future. It is Christmas Eve day here and I woke up with some kind of stomach bug and have been on and off the toilet all morning in great distress. I could cry except for the fact that I have so much to be grateful for that it would just seem so petty to complain about a little discomfort. I might not make it to Mass tonight (I need to stay close to the bathroom) but nothing is going to stop me tomorrow!

My sister and niece are in the kitchen cooking and I am trying to wrap presents in my bedroom, but the frequent interruptions (and discomfort) are making me cranky from time to time - I feel as if my body is betraying me so I'm a little annoyed with it! lol If it doesn't behave tomorrow I might just have to trade it in for a newer model (ah - if only!)

But I do wish you all a very merry Christmas Eve today. I will get in the Christmas spirit when the seige dies down a bit.... (gotta laugh, right?)

Following you prayerfully all the way through your posts, nunsense.  4th January is the old calendar traditional feast of St Barbara and my birthday is on the 5th.  Keep me in prayer with us all as I know you will.  I am hoping that you just might be able to post even just rarely and now and then through your journey in Carmel - many here have followed your journey and at times in quite difficult and trying times.  It would be such a kindness from Mother Superior to us all who labour on on the outside - even though it would not really be a function of a Carmelite, I know.  Ahh well,, if not, we on the outside too can be asked to detach from what we hold most dear.  I know I will often wonder how things are going and with hope and prayer.

May between now and New Year's Eve pass very quickly for you.

Barb - I doubt that I will post on phatmass but I will send my sister or a friend some updated and one of them can post for me. don't expect anything for awhile though - Carmelite life is pretty routine most of the time.  Thanks for the good wishess - same to you of course.

I would laugh and agree if I weren't in so much discomfort right now and can't think about the future. It is Christmas Eve day here and I woke up with some kind of stomach bug and have been on and off the toilet all morning in great distress. I could cry except for the fact that I have so much to be grateful for that it would just seem so petty to complain about a little discomfort. I might not make it to Mass tonight (I need to stay close to the bathroom) but nothing is going to stop me tomorrow!

My sister and niece are in the kitchen cooking and I am trying to wrap presents in my bedroom, but the frequent interruptions (and discomfort) are making me cranky from time to time - I feel as if my body is betraying me so I'm a little annoyed with it! lol If it doesn't behave tomorrow I might just have to trade it in for a newer model (ah - if only!)

But I do wish you all a very merry Christmas Eve today. I will get in the Christmas spirit when the seige dies down a bit.... (gotta laugh, right?)

Barb - I doubt that I will post on phatmass but I will send my sister or a friend some updated and one of them can post for me. don't expect anything for awhile though - Carmelite life is pretty routine most of the time.  Thanks for the good wishess - same to you of course.

Good news, thank you, I will be looking forward to postings through your sister or friend - even if rarely.....at least we can look forward to news at some point..  Happy Christmas and many blessings in 2012 to you and yours - safe and happy trip to Wolverhampton Carmel and many blessings from then onwards.  In a way I holy envy your vocation while knowing were I elsewhere but here, I would be quite miserable and consistently looking back..  It is only in imagination I take flight sometimes when a day or days threaten to get the better of me.  I just am not made for monastic life but will love the monastic life and Carmel and Carmelites specifically always.  I tell The Lord sometimes that if I don't have a Carmelite habit in Heaven, then I am leaving! :hehe2:

AccountDeleted
May the Lord bless you and keep you , and His face shine upon you. I wish you great joy. <3

Thank you so much. I will probably start to feel it is all real when Christmas is over and I can focus on preparations for travel.

Good news, thank you, I will be looking forward to postings through your sister or friend - even if rarely.....at least we can look forward to news at some point..  Happy Christmas and many blessings in 2012 to you and yours - safe and happy trip to Wolverhampton Carmel and many blessings from then onwards.  In a way I holy envy your vocation while knowing were I elsewhere but here, I would be quite miserable and consistently looking back..  It is only in imagination I take flight sometimes when a day or days threaten to get the better of me.  I just am not made for monastic life but will love the monastic life and Carmel and Carmelites specifically always.  I tell The Lord sometimes that if I don't have a Carmelite habit in Heaven, then I am leaving! :hehe2:

Barb - the habit is in your heart - and that is what really matters. Jesus knows your desires and your abilities because He created you, so rest in His love and know that you are right where He wants you.

The sisters could all use your prayers too!

Going to miss you Nunsense! Best wishes and I hope you feel better soon. See you in the Eucharist!

Thank you for your good wishes. I started to feel a little better tonight and was able to have dinner with my sister's family. I think by tomorrow I will be good to go for Christmas Day! Thanks be to God.

glad you are feeling better.  THAT was not the kind of 'leaving all behind' that John of the Cross and Our Lord had in mind for you!  

I don't want to think about a 20+ hour flight if you aren't well, either!  

GET WELL !!!!!

AccountDeleted
glad you are feeling better.  THAT was not the kind of 'leaving all behind' that John of the Cross and Our Lord had in mind for you!  

I don't want to think about a 20+ hour flight if you aren't well, either!  

GET WELL !!!!!

Well, if we are looking at things that way ... it's a good thing I didn't leave tonday on the plane - I would have been sick the whole way! This way I have time to recover before next week. :) God knows things we don't -- go figure! :)

Blessed&Grateful

I am so happy for you Nunsense, and the norovirus is hitting everyone quite hard. God's plan did not include the convent getting sick so be thankful for that! Merry Christmas all.

AccountDeleted
I am so happy for you Nunsense, and the norovirus is hitting everyone quite hard. God's plan did not include the convent getting sick so be thankful for that! Merry Christmas all.

You are right - not only don't the nuns need to get sick generally, but it would actually be dangerous for our elderly one!

Edited by nunsense