An Old School Catholic Message Board

In The Wake Of This Tragedy

kujo

All I was trying to say is that this thread isn't cool. You are the one calling me a saint...

This thread is extremely cool. Because me.

And can you blame a guy for trying?

Yes. For one, I'm pretty skilled, and for two, this is AMERICA!

This thread is extremely cool. Because me.

You make you cool, not the other way around.

Yes. For one, I'm pretty skilled, and for two, this is AMERICA!

MURICA! I would prop this if I could..

PhuturePriest

I'll echo my earlier thoughts in that this conversation is highly disrespectful (Or at least I think I said that here. I said it somewhere, anyway). We are still in mourning. We need to get through that process first. People are simply numb by how terrible this is. I know I am, and seeing as how I have absolutely no connections to anyone there, that means the people who do and the people that were there are in even worse shape. We shouldn't be talking about gun laws, we shouldn't be talking about if the president was crying in order to gain political sympathy or not. We should be praying and helping in any way we can, and we should act like a country for once and be as one in this tragedy. I'm so sick of America right now. We can't even come together for a tragedy anymore. We have to politicize it and exploit it for political gain. This is a tragedy that involves real human emotions, not a fracking political endorsement.

I'll echo my earlier thoughts in that this conversation is highly disrespectful (Or at least I think I said that here. I said it somewhere, anyway). We are still in mourning. We need to get through that process first. People are simply numb by how terrible this is. I know I am, and seeing as how I have absolutely no connections to anyone there, that means the people who do and the people that were there are in even worse shape. We shouldn't be talking about gun laws, we shouldn't be talking about if the president was crying in order to gain political sympathy or not. We should be praying and helping in any way we can, and we should act like a country for once and be as one in this tragedy. I'm so sick of America right now. We can't even come together for a tragedy anymore. We have to politicize it and exploit it for political gain. This is a tragedy that involves real human emotions, not a fracking political endorsement.

I agree.

Moments after this evil took place, the politicians began the process. From Mayor Bloomberg to Sen. Chuck Schumer to the President.

The media put out there that the mother was doomsday person, gun nut, etc. That the murderer used a automatic rifle, etc.

What appears to have taken place, is that none of what was put out there was true, other than the victims being killed by pure evil.

Sadly, I am once removed as my family is friends with the parents of one of the deceased. 

It has been impossible, on social media, to even look at the comments. First, the call to kill the board of the NRA. It has been maddening.

Thankfully that community has come together, it is the politicians with an agenda that have effectively torn the rest of the nation apart.

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

Yes, I do agree that some politicians have taken it too far by politicizing this horrible tragedy too soon.

But what we also have to take into account it that they are human beings, they have feelings just the way we do, and I bet they are mourning just as much as we are. I'm not taking sides over the political feud over what to do about this horrible tragedy. But politicians, whether they are Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent, etc., are people too, and have the right to express their grief and emotions just as everyone else does, especially those politicians that are parents, aunts, uncles, godparents, grandparents etc. of small children and have been affected by this unthinkable loss.

Nobody is going to be the perfect politician or government leader. Nobody is going to completely please everybody. All we can do is pray to God that He will be there for everyone experiencing the pain, especially those families who lost their children too soon.

In a country where the government feels obligated to raid raw milk sellers using men armed with guns, I don't see how those desiring to not have their rights violated have any choice but to begin speaking up right away.

PhuturePriest
Yes, I do agree that some politicians have taken it too far by politicizing this horrible tragedy too soon.

But what we also have to take into account it that they are human beings, they have feelings just the way we do, and I bet they are mourning just as much as we are. I'm not taking sides over the political feud over what to do about this horrible tragedy. But politicians, whether they are Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent, etc., are people too, and have the right to express their grief and emotions just as everyone else does, especially those politicians that are parents, aunts, uncles, godparents, grandparents etc. of small children and have been affected by this unthinkable loss.

Nobody is going to be the perfect politician or government leader. Nobody is going to completely please everybody. All we can do is pray to God that He will be there for everyone experiencing the pain, especially those families who lost their children too soon.

I have no doubt that politicians are sad about this. But said politicians should not automatically start politicizing the situation. If they truly are sorry (And I believe they are), they should leave us time to mourn.

LinaSt.Cecilia2772
I have no doubt that politicians are sad about this. But said politicians should not automatically start politicizing the situation. If they truly are sorry (And I believe they are), they should leave us time to mourn.

Didn't I agree with you? I agree that the constant politicizing is ridiculous. But the point I was trying to make was that just because someone is a politician doesn't mean that they can be stripped of their right to grieve and mourn as we all are. Especially those, whatever your political party or beliefs are, are contradictory to theirs.

I'm not taking sides politically on the matter. All I know is that 26 innocent children and adults were killed that shouldn't have been, and I cannot take anymore turning on the news and seeing the constant reports of people dying from senseless violence.   

PhuturePriest
Didn't I agree with you? I agree that the constant politicizing is ridiculous. But the point I was trying to make was that just because someone is a politician doesn't mean that they can be stripped of their right to grieve and mourn as we all are. Especially those, whatever your political party or beliefs are, are contradictory to theirs.

I'm not taking sides politically on the matter. All I know is that 26 innocent children and adults were killed that shouldn't have been, and I cannot take anymore turning on the news and seeing the constant reports of people dying from senseless violence.   

You indeed agreed with me. But I was replying to this part:

In which I actually agreed with you. I was simply saying they should leave us time to mourn before any political speaking takes place.

Edited by FuturePriest387

LinaSt.Cecilia2772
In which I actually agreed with you. I was simply saying they should leave us time to mourn before any political speaking takes place.

I agree. I apologize if I wasn't clear enough, so many things can be said about it all.

PhuturePriest
I agree. I apologize if I wasn't clear enough, so many things can be said about it all.

No need to apologize. I probably could have been clearer as well. This is just a sensitive issue and I think we should all take time to console each other, rather than debate politics (Not that you were).

LinaSt.Cecilia2772
No need to apologize. I probably could have been clearer as well. This is just a sensitive issue and I think we should all take time to console each other, rather than debate politics (Not that you were).

Yeah everybody is dealing with it in their own way. And I agree again that this isn't the time for debate.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Winchester" data-cid="2525526" data-time="1355897995"><p>
In a country where the government feels obligated to raid raw milk sellers using men armed with guns, I don't see how those desiring to not have their rights violated have any choice but to begin speaking up right away.</p></blockquote>

That mysterious God given right to own a semiautomatic rifle with a high capacity magazine. I think it's mentioned somewhere on Luke.