An Old School Catholic Message Board

In The Wake Of This Tragedy

kujo

Then you should know that the firing rate is similar to other automatics. Why did you choose to emphasize this particular trait?

Ok. So since an ar-15 is really just your normal run of the mill semi-automatic rifle I guess I'm confused as to why I see SWAT teams so often using AR15s and so rarely using the semi-automatic hunting rifles that normal people hunt with?

Everyone is forgiven. All that is required is an acceptance of that forgiveness. Pretty minimal requirement, really. And Satan's power was broken on Cavalry. He has already lost.

Cavalry-charge-remington.jpg

Edited by Winchester

Ok. So since an ar-15 is really just your normal run of the mill semi-automatic rifle I guess I'm confused as to why I see SWAT teams so often using AR15s and so rarely using the semi-automatic hunting rifles that normal people hunt with?

Chambered for which round?

I forgot: What barrel length? That's kind of important, too.

Edited by Winchester

[media]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Cavalry-charge-remington.jpg[/media]

Texas-sized fail

If you are someplace where you frequently see SWAT teams I'd recommend transferring to a better university.

Aside from that, you're reading too much into what I said. Obviously there are differences between the AR-15 and other firearms. I was merely curious why you were so focused on firing rate. I can't tell from your responses if you are ignorant about firearms or are just baiting. If the latter, then kudos to you, good sir, you provoked a serious post out of me.  :stubborn:

[media]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Cavalry-charge-remington.jpg[/media]

Texas-sized fail

If you are someplace where you frequently see SWAT teams I'd recommend transferring to a better university.

Aside from that, you're reading too much into what I said. Obviously there are differences between the AR-15 and other firearms. I was merely curious why you were so focused on firing rate. I can't tell from your responses if you are ignorant about firearms or are just baiting. If the latter, then kudos to you, good sir, you provoked a serious post out of me.  :stubborn:

Texas-sized fail

Texas-sized fail

Texas-sized fail

Texas-sized fail

I have seen swat teams.  They were never on my campus but I have seen them in person in a few places and cities.  I was standing about 5 feet from the photographer of this picture.  Somehow I never saw the same guns that I saw when I was hunting as a kid or saw people have in at the various hang outs for hunters who stopped to buy a meal at the local gas-station/country store.  It's almost like one class of weapon is way more lethal than the other.  Or somehow the SWAT teams were under the impression that something about an AR-15 made it particularly apt for urban combat as opposed to your traditional hunting rifle.  

attari20111114180859640.jpg

I don't think I ever focused on firing rate.  I mentioned the ability to shoot a lot of bullets quickly.  Which involves more than the firing rate.  Most hunting rifles that I would see out in the woods would hold about 5 bullets and were a lot more cumbersome to reload than the weapons in that picture.  

You should have tricked him into saying "AR" stands for "Assault Rifle". I always get the giggles when they do that.

I was saving that <_<

I have seen swat teams.  They were never on my campus but I have seen them in person in a few places and cities.  I was standing about 5 feet from the photographer of this picture.  Somehow I never saw the same guns that I saw when I was hunting as a kid or saw people have in at the various hang outs for hunters who stopped to buy a meal at the local gas-station/country store.  It's almost like one class of weapon is way more lethal than the other.  Or somehow the SWAT teams were under the impression that something about an AR-15 made it particularly apt for urban combat as opposed to your traditional hunting rifle.  

attari20111114180859640.jpg

I don't think I ever focused on firing rate.  I mentioned the ability to shoot a lot of bullets quickly.  Which involves more than the firing rate.  Most hunting rifles that I would see out in the woods would hold about 5 bullets and were a lot more cumbersome to reload than the weapons in that picture.  

Barrel length, caliber. What are they, and why are they important?