An Old School Catholic Message Board

This News Makes Me... I Don't Know...

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

Well, I have thought hard about everything. I was so sad and crushed when I first found out (As you can read above), but as the night wore on I decided to do what any insane person might, and I started to sing. As I sang I thought about the situation, and I felt better and better as the songs went by. It has made me reach the point to where I am over my heartbreak, and I am in fact happy this happened. Such a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and now I can focus on just being friends with Emily. I'm really excited about upbeat about it, to be honest. I'm going to call her tomorrow, I am going to mention everything I said above, but now I am going to mention that I feel good about it and that I am completely happy with being just friends if she is. With my upbeat attitude I have full confidence that she will be okay with everything as well, and we can embark on our journey to greater friendship. If she still wants to be friends, I will still call her, I will still hang out with her, and these things will be all the better because of this. When I spoke with her on the phone today, I was so overcome by anxiety and nervousness that I kind of messed things up. But now that this weight has been lifted, I can just be friends with her, and there is no more pressure. I am happy for Emily, and I eagerly await meeting this guy. I'm sure he's a lot of fun, and if Emily likes him, I like him too. Thank you all so much for the support and for being there. I will tell you how things go tomorrow! :)

Edited by FuturePriest387

"He who sings prays twice." CCC 1156, St. Augustine 

That's awesome.

Of course, I'll talk to mia famiglia and have somebody else "talk" to him, if that be your wish...  :mafia:

PhuturePriest
"He who sings prays twice." CCC 1156, St. Augustine 

That's awesome.

Of course, I'll talk to mia famiglia and have somebody else "talk" to him, if that be your wish...  :mafia:

I wasn't really singing songs of praise. I was singing the One Direction song Heart Attack in light of the situation. :P

And that won't be necessary. If he is a jerk, I'll be sure to beat him up personally.

not enough people are challenged to duels over women anymore.

I suggest not putting the whole "you changed my mind about becoming a priest" thing at her feet in this discussion, it comes on a bit too strong and puts too much pressure on things I think (much better to challenge her boyfriend to a duel, much less pressure!), I'd personally suggest trying to find a way to more casually bring up that you found out she had a boyfriend and were disappointed by that.  or even something much more subtle letting her know you're interested but leaving enough aloofness out there so as not to unfairly pressure her making friendship awkward and also to preserve your cool factor (cigarettes help with this too :smokey:, but don't tell anyone I told you that since you're underage!  :x <jk, don't smoke cigarettes>)  anyway, chin up, don't do anything too crazy but don't fail to do something crazy enough if the time ever comes (hint: it's not now) cause regret is pretty much the worst thing in the world, due to the current lack of the invention of the time machine.

Edited by Aloysius

PhuturePriest
I was under the impression that you both liked each other but were holding off on dating due to your ages...

This is the incorrect impression.

PhuturePriest
I suppose it was the way you talked about her then.

Probably. I refuse to put any blame on her. If anything was confusing, I take the blame for it. I did talk really well of her because I really liked her, but I should not have made it so public. Too many people got involved.