An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nunsense Update

By His Grace Alone

A question---- did Nunsense retake her previous name in religion?  Is that common?  The reason I ask is one of the junior professed PCPA nuns in Hanceville who left due to an illness and then reentered the PCPA's in Charlotte as a junior professed received a new name and title.

No, she was Teresa before, but she finally got the "of the Cross" she always wanted.  I believe in one of the other monasteries she was Sr. Michael.

I think it depends on the sister and the community.  If they left for illness and then came right back they may want to retain their previous name, or if they had a new outlook on their spiritual life, reasonably they might want to change it. 

May God bless and keep you Nunsense. I have been looking in from the outside for a loooonnnnggg time and finally decided to post. 

I am married with children and love my Jesus completely 

Pax

I love you lurkers. I think you're amazing. 

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

• 2 weeks later...
VeniJesuAmorMi

Praised be Jesus Christ! Now and forever.

For anyone who didn't know yet, the Wolverhampton Carmel has a blog (its also on their website) it has a few things for this month, so there are some nice pictures if anyone is interested. Maybe this would be a good way to end up getting updates on Nunsense also (ceremonies such as clothing, and they do have a couple of her entrance pictures up also...) Though I'm not sure if this is something they would post in the blog about the Sisters, but it'll be worth checking in to see sometimes if anything got posted. :)

• 6 months later...

[mod]Personal attack, something which is becoming all too common on Vocation Station as compared to every other board on Phatmass combined. - BG[/mod]

AccountDeleted

And you know this because???

How sweet you are to leap to my defense.

I have reported the personal attack to the mods and asked that the post above yours be deleted and that this thread be closed. To try to defend myself against personal attacks and slurs, it would be necessary for me to say things about others that would not seem kind or charitable and I don't want to do this.

I do hope that no one else feels it necessary to respond to the comment that was made about me. It is much better not to give this person the satisfaction of having their comment acknowledged. Sadly, Vocation Station is becoming more and more an uncomfortable place to be. Prayers for all who feel they must put down others.