Basilisa Marie Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 Because you're a non-Catholic. Phatmasser is the general user who isn't Church Militant, Non-Catholic, or Phisy or a mod.
arfink Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 I for one don't pay attention to the tags system. It's not really indicative of what an individual member is like. We have CMs who troll, "Phatmassers" who should be CMs and are not, "Phishy" people who aren't phishy any more, and so on. Very few people here pay any attention to the tags any more. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you.
Basilisa Marie Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 It's also probably so that lurkers don't get confused and think you're Catholic when you post an opinion that might be contrary to what the Catholic Church believes, and no one is around to contradict you. Just like how Phisy is supposed to be someone who claims they are Catholic but doesn't agree with/follow/whatever all of the Church's teachings. There are HUNDREDS of lurkers at any given time (HI ALL! YOU SHOULD MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND JOIN US! :) ).
KnightofChrist Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 The "non-catholic" tag can be a bit confusing. Eastern Orthodox, Protestants, Atheists, Agnostics, Anti-Catholics but not Catholics, and every other group that is non-catholic gets lumped into one group.
arfink Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 Heck, we even have clergy and religious who don't have clergy/religious tags. Like Egidio.
Anastasia13 Posted January 12, 2013 Author Posted January 12, 2013 It's also probably so that lurkers don't get confused and think you're Catholic when you post an opinion that might be contrary to what the Catholic Church believes, and no one is around to contradict you. Just like how Phisy is supposed to be someone who claims they are Catholic but doesn't agree with/follow/whatever all of the Church's teachings. There are HUNDREDS of lurkers at any given time (HI ALL! YOU SHOULD MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND JOIN US! :) ). Well, Phatmassers and I think Church Militant had this place under their name, by their avatar, where they could list their religion. Surely I can't be the only one that read those.
DiscerningCatholic Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 "Phatmassers" who should be CMs and are not *cough* *cough* :evil: :P
homeschoolmom Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 *cough* *cough* :evil: :P Flu's going around. Better keep an eye on that....
Anastasia13 Posted January 12, 2013 Author Posted January 12, 2013 (edited) The "non-catholic" tag can be a bit confusing. Eastern Orthodox, Protestants, Atheists, Agnostics, Anti-Catholics but not Catholics, and every other group that is non-catholic gets lumped into one group. Exactly. I was Protestant for over 6 years on this site, 7 if you go by when I formally converted, I formally became an Apostolic Christian a couple months ago, am realizing just how seriously I take the things that we share but Protestants don't, and thwat, I'm now in the same group as atheists and agnostics instead... Edited January 12, 2013 by Light and Truth
DiscerningCatholic Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 Flu's going around. Better keep an eye on that.... :lame:
Basilisa Marie Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 The "religion" has been turned off for everyone, including CMs, for the time being. If it means that much to you, I notice you've got enough posts to be able to change your title. That might be a good way of letting people know you're not Catholic but not atheist. :) It seems to me that there aren't enough non-Catholics around here to require separate tags. Church Militant is supposed to be an honor reserved for those people who post really good things, do a particularly good job of defending the faith with charity in the Debate Table, etc, not just everyone who comes by and says they're Catholic, which is why you have to be nominated by another CM. And then when you have the tag, you're not supposed to be a jerk. Although I won't deny that the tag system needs some kind of overhaul, I've gotten the impression that Dust has been rather busy lately. :)
Anastasia13 Posted January 12, 2013 Author Posted January 12, 2013 The "religion" has been turned off for everyone, including CMs, for the time being. If it means that much to you, I notice you've got enough posts to be able to change your title. That might be a good way of letting people know you're not Catholic but not atheist. :) I thought someone said that they were still there. This is so confusing!
Autumn Dusk Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 seriously nihil? Don't you remember the GAMES!
Nihil Obstat Posted January 12, 2013 Posted January 12, 2013 seriously nihil? Don't you remember the GAMES! I did not like them very much. :| Too much blood and murder. And that part where Dust decides who lives and who dies was a bit wack.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now