Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Y U No?


Recommended Posts

brianthephysicist
Posted
wonder why your parents are pushing for that. Most I know push the opposite way, because they dont want their children to end up in debt for years at a young age before they get the kind of higher paying steady jobs that make financing a new car worthwhile and doable.

 

I wouldnt recommend checking out the new stuff too much, it will tend to just make any old car you look at stand out more as "old, etc", even when they could be perfectly fine, reliable cars that would serve you well for years, at a fraction of the initial cost.

 

I can tell you straight up, I dont have a whole lot of expensive new things. my car is a 1992 toyota celica GT that I bought for 2400$, my motorcycle is a 1994 Suzuki RF900r that i bought for 2200$. But  I own both outright, i dont have to worry about an additional payment each month, aside from gas and insurance. I dont feel bad when either get a scratch on them, and neither depreciated by thousands of dollars the second i bought them. Also, I could have bought 3 of each of them for the price of a ultra cheap new car. that is a lot of extra money for whatever else you need, like repairs, maintenance and gas, etc.

 

Dude, I don't know.  But they don't want me financing it or anything, they want me to buy the car outright and are even offering to help with the cost.  But I agree with you, I think it's wasting a chunk of change.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that they want to help, but I think that money is better spent elsewhere.  

 

And the whole thing about being disappointed with old cars after looking at new, I understand why you say it and I see a fair amount of truth in it, but I was expecting a little of that and have even been putting a buffer on that so I think I'll be okay with whatever I get.

 

And yea, I don't have many new things either.  I get most of my stuff used, whether it's thrift stores, craigslist, antique shops, off the curb, etc. and I don't have any problem with it.  Thanks for voicing your concerns 8{D

PhuturePriest
Posted (edited)
Sedans that say they seat 6, don't say will seat 6 comfortably.  I love the minivan.minivan.gif

 

My sister has that exact model of Ford minivan. She doesn't like the grey color so she named it The Ugly Gwendolyn.

Edited by FuturePriest387
Posted

"Baaaby Beluuuuuuga" :guitar:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...