4588686 Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 It is if the female teacher is actually a male in disguise. What?
Apotheoun Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 What? I know that his is hard for you to grasp, but over 80 percent of the abuses cases in the Catholic Church were homosexual in nature, and so your bringing up a female teacher sleeping with a 14 year old boy is utterly irrelevant.
4588686 Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 I know that his is hard for you to grasp, but over 80 percent of the abuses cases in the Catholic Church were homosexual in nature, and so your bringing up a female teacher sleeping with a 14 year old boy is utterly irrelevant. You did not clarify what your weird evasion was supposed to be saying. So I'll ask again. If an older female teacher gets into bed with a 14 year old male student, is the problem heterosexuality?
Apotheoun Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 You did not clarify what your weird evasion was supposed to be saying. So I'll ask again. If an older female teacher gets into bed with a 14 year old male student, is the problem heterosexuality? Again, whether you like it or not, heterosexuality is normal and homosexuality is not. The female teacher in your example should be prosecuted for breaking the law and having sex with a minor, and the same should be done with the priests who abused boys, but in addition to that prosecution the Church should recognize that the homosexual orientation of the priests was a contributing factor to the problem. Whether you like it or not, the Catholic Church condemns homosexual behavior as contrary to nature.
4588686 Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 Again, whether you like it or not, heterosexuality is normal and homosexuality is not. Still have not answered the question. And I'm happy to admit that heterosexuality is normal and homosexuality is not. I just don't draw any normative conclusions from which is the more common sexual orientation. The female teacher in your example should be prosecuted for breaking the law and having sex with a minor, and the same should be done with the priests who abused boys, but in addition to that prosecution the Church should recognize that the homosexual orientation of the priests was a contributing factor to the problem. Whether you like it or not, the Catholic Church condemns homosexual behavior as contrary to nature. Sure. And heterosexuality was a contributing factor to the situation with the teacher and student.
Apotheoun Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 Still have not answered the question. And I'm happy to admit that heterosexuality is normal and homosexuality is not. I just don't draw any normative conclusions from which is the more common sexual orientation. I have answered the question, but you simply do not like the answer, because you think that a specific perverted behavior (i.e., homosexual activity) is "okay."
4588686 Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 I have answered the question, but you simply do not like the answer, because you think that a specific perverted behavior (i.e., homosexual activity) is "okay." Right. Homosexuality is fine. And we can both agree that there is no reason to believe anything to the contrary except for some lines in a book that also believes that the sun revolves around the earth.
Apotheoun Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 (edited) Homosexual activity is a form of sexual perversion, and the homosexual condition itself "is a more or less strong tendency ordered toward an intrinsic moral evil; and thus the inclination itself must be seen as an objective disorder" [CDF Instruction Homosexualitatis Problema, no. 3]. That is why the Church has issued a directive banning the ordination of men who are afflicted by homosexual inclinations. And we can both agree that there is no reason to believe anything to the contrary except for some lines in a book that also believes that the sun revolves around the earth. You are so hilarious. I have read lots of books that speak about the sun moving in the sky, but unlike you I understand that language can be used in a phenomenological manner. :hehe2: Edited February 2, 2013 by Apotheoun
4588686 Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 (edited) ,,, Edited February 2, 2013 by Hasan
Groo the Wanderer Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 PWNED! 3rd page and still no kudos for Archbishop Gomez? sadder than sad Buncha heathens. Worse...Buncha Jesuits! I bite my thumb at thee
iheartjp2 Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 Concerning the actions of Gomez: They're a valiant effort, but I belive I'm in agreement with the majority of the people who responded when I say that more than Cardinal Mahony's confirmation and public action privileges should be taken away in order to hold him accountable for his actions. Concerning the argument over homosexuality vs. pedophilia: There are many men with a homosexual inclination who have no desire to perform sexual acts with a minor. To say that a sexually abusive priest's homosexuality contributed to his desire to sexually abuse a minor makes no sense and would, in fact, be akin to saying that an adult female teacher's heterosexuality contributed to her sleeping with a 14-year-old male student. Both are ridiculous because the abuse of a minor is not a direct product of one's sexual preference for either sex. It would make more sense to say that a hypothetical priest's homosexual inclination contributed to him sleeping with a man that he met at a bar (Ã la Lionel Roache's character in the 1994 movie Priest). To Apotheoun: if Eastern thought on that matter is that homosexuality and pedophilia are insignificant variations of the same inordinate passion concerning sex, I find it incredibly sloppy.
PhuturePriest Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 Cardinal Mahoney should have been relieved of his duties decades ago. My Missourian Baptist roots are screaming for a huge "AMEN!!!!" in response to this post. However, my Catholic roots, which are the majority, are telling me to instead look disinterested and applaud if everyone else starts to.
Nihil Obstat Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 My Missourian Baptist roots are screaming for a huge "AMEN!!!!" in response to this post. However, my Catholic roots, which are the majority, are telling me to instead look disinterested and applaud if everyone else starts to. Actually I believe that would be your 13 year old roots. :| Or whatever age it was.
PhuturePriest Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 Actually I believe that would be your 13 year old roots. :| Or whatever age it was. Thirteen? I thought I was a fetus?
Nihil Obstat Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 Thirteen? I thought I was a fetus? Were you? You would know, I suppose.
BigJon16 Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 I think that this all reminds us of how important it is to pray for our priests and our church leaders.
Anomaly Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 I think that this all reminds us of how important it is to pray for our priests and our church leaders. That had obviously been effective.
Winchester Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 If the female teacher is unattractive, there should be a fine applied. If she is attractive, perhaps a small trophy, or some high fives.
Nihil Obstat Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 That had obviously been effective. Our faith, collectively, over the last several decades, has been unacceptably weak. We have all failed.
4588686 Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 There is no God. The reason that the Church faced this problem is the same reason that the Shia equivalent instituion faces simmilar problems in Iran. In neither case will prayer for the Priets or the Clerics make the slightest bit of difference.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now