BG45 Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 Welcome to Phatmass! As Carmenchristi said, we tend to have this discussion a lot...people say stupid things, egos are hurt, people accuse one another of things, etc. Which is why some of the older posters are going "oh no!". It doesn't diminish the importance or the spirit behind your posting of the topic though, and in a few pages things should actually be in a relatively serious mood. For the moment though, please enjoy basking in the presence of the lightheartedness! Btw..... Welcome. Sorry that our responses haven't been very welcoming toward you. You are new here so didn't know that this topic is discussed/debated/duked out about once every 2 or 3 months. It usually ends with a closed thread and ponies. So don't take things personally. You have a really good idea about starting a line of modest fashion. I know a lady in NYC who is doing just that. PM me if you want her contact info. Well we can get one of those two out of the way. Pinkie Pie is quite modest in this dress for the Grand Galloping Gala.
ChristinaTherese Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 Welcome to Phatmass! As Carmenchristi said, we tend to have this discussion a lot...people say stupid things, egos are hurt, people accuse one another of things, etc. Which is why some of the older posters are going "oh no!". It doesn't diminish the importance or the spirit behind your posting of the topic though, and in a few pages things should actually be in a relatively serious mood. For the moment though, please enjoy basking in the presence of the lightheartedness! Well we can get one of those two out of the way. Pinkie Pie is quite modest in this dress for the Grand Galloping Gala. Oh no! Immodest legs! :p
Papist Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 Isn't it the rule that when a pink pony enters a open mic thread, the thread is closed?
IcePrincessKRS Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 Isn't it the rule that when a pink pony enters a open mic thread, the thread is closed? I ran out of props. :(
Nihil Obstat Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 Isn't it the rule that when a pink pony enters a open mic thread, the thread is closed? I think you misspelled "20% cooler."
MarysLittleFlower Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 I think modesty is important.. I think a lot of the fashions today make it difficult to dress modestly so often we are counter cultural when we dress in a modest way! I think although everyone is responsible for their choices, we should not present temptation to others, then we are sinning too and not being charitable.
Gabriela Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 I think modesty is important.. I think a lot of the fashions today make it difficult to dress modestly so often we are counter cultural when we dress in a modest way! I think although everyone is responsible for their choices, we should not present temptation to others, then we are sinning too and not being charitable. The thing I hate about modest clothing lines is that they all look frumpy. I buy the fashionable stuff, but I layer, so it's still modest (at least in my opinion). Layering can work wonders.
eagle_eye222001 Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 Btw..... Welcome. Sorry that our responses haven't been very welcoming toward you. You are new here so didn't know that this topic is discussed/debated/duked out about once every 2 or 3 months. It usually ends with a closed thread and ponies. So don't take things personally. You have a really good idea about starting a line of modest fashion. I know a lady in NYC who is doing just that. PM me if you want her contact info. :crusader2:
carmenchristi Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 The thing I hate about modest clothing lines is that they all look frumpy. I buy the fashionable stuff, but I layer, so it's still modest (at least in my opinion). Layering can work wonders. The lady I know is always really elegant looking. I've never seen her actual line off clothing, but she is super fashionable. I know what you mean though. There are a lot of "modest designers" who may have grown up on something like an Amish homestead. Their stuff would be great for milking cows.... Oh wait, that's what jeans are for!
ToJesusMyHeart Posted February 23, 2013 Posted February 23, 2013 (edited) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hslmBowCWiE&list=UURF1A4t8KzVNw3u5l10GXLQ Saved my wardrobe from going in the trash. Sometimes camisoles just don't cut it. You can also wear too-short dresses as skirts instead and fold the straps inside the dress. It's magic. Edited February 23, 2013 by ToJesusMyHeart
Honour Posted February 24, 2013 Posted February 24, 2013 There's losts of modest lines and boutiques in Utah. Interting there is certainly a subtle LDS "look". Not as easily recognizable as say the charismatic look in the south, but you pick up on it after a while. I think starting a clothing line would be tons of fun. Lots of work though. If you make it affordable, I'd check it out! Good luck.
Basilisa Marie Posted February 24, 2013 Posted February 24, 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hslmBowCWiE&list=UURF1A4t8KzVNw3u5l10GXLQ Saved my wardrobe from going in the trash. Sometimes camisoles just don't cut it. You can also wear too-short dresses as skirts instead and fold the straps inside the dress. It's magic. Those are good ideas - I've actually done this before :) (Though it's my opinion that all but maybe one of those shirts were perfectly fine to begin with, but that's just MY opinion and I don't think someone's bad if they're uncomfortable in them I hope this is enough of a caveat to not offend anything or cause another war yay run on sentances!)
GeorgiiMichael Posted February 25, 2013 Posted February 25, 2013 Modesty guidelines=reverse objectification Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that is true in all circumstances, although it certainly can be. Personal modesty guidelines are fine, but all encompassing - "Everyone who doesn't dress like this is a harlot" - guidelines are just the other side of the objectification coin.
the171 Posted February 25, 2013 Posted February 25, 2013 Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that is true in all circumstances, although it certainly can be. Personal modesty guidelines are fine, but all encompassing - "Everyone who doesn't dress like this is a harlot" - guidelines are just the other side of the objectification coin. Sorry, should have clarified. I have had the experience where some "more traditional mothers" have told me I wasn't dressing in a way that glorified God because my dress showed my knees AND my shoulders. I do declare if that is a sin, well I am going to hell.
GeorgiiMichael Posted February 25, 2013 Posted February 25, 2013 Sorry, should have clarified. I have had the experience where some "more traditional mothers" have told me I wasn't dressing in a way that glorified God because my dress showed my knees AND my shoulders. I do declare if that is a sin, well I am going to hell. Def a harlot.
GeorgiiMichael Posted February 25, 2013 Posted February 25, 2013 You know me. You're a lady of the night with morals looser than a flickering lightbulb.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now