Apotheoun Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 CNN - Why next pope must open up church and usher in Vatican III by Paul Donovan Editor's note: Paul Donovan is a lifelong Catholic and a commentator, writer and broadcaster who has contributed to The Guardian, Tablet, Universe, Irish Post and Independent Catholic News. (CNN) -- The announcement of the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI came as a bolt from the blue to the world but not a moment too soon for many Catholics. The Catholic Church has continued to march backwards under Pope Benedict, seeming at times to be in a state of perpetual denial, whether the issue be that of child abuse, birth control, homosexuality or the role of women. At the heart of the church there lies a deep chauvinism that seems to have infected the whole edifice. Click here to continue reading the article
Ash Wednesday Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 I'm shocked to see such an article from CNN. Absolutely shocked. I honestly can't believe people feel this way. I didn't know they even existed!
Apotheoun Posted February 13, 2013 Author Posted February 13, 2013 I'm shocked to see such an article from CNN. Absolutely shocked. I honestly can't believe people feel this way. I didn't know they even existed! My favorite part of the whole article is the "editor's note." :hehe:
Ash Wednesday Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 My favorite part of the whole article is the "editor's note." :hehe: You know these things are always going to be good when they start off with things along the lines of "I'm a lifelong Catholic...."
DiscerningCatholic Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 CNN - Why next pope must open up church and usher in Vatican III "Because we're CNN and we say so."
Apotheoun Posted February 13, 2013 Author Posted February 13, 2013 You know these things are always going to be good when they start off with things along the lines of "I'm a lifelong Catholic...." Yes. It is usually an indicator that what is about to come is not all that Catholic.
DiscerningCatholic Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 You know these things are always going to be good when they start off with things along the lines of "I'm a lifelong 'Catholic'...." Fixed it.
Semper Catholic Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 Article basically nails it. The Church is suffering from the same problems as the GOP. Retreating backwards into the dark only reinforces the problems that the Church is suffering from. Time for someone to open up a new era and return to what Jesus and Peter wanted.
Ash Wednesday Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 I'm not just a "regular Catholic", I'm a "Cool Catholic!" Do you want a little bit? Because if you're going to drink I'd rather you do it in the house.
MissScripture Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 I'm not just a "regular Catholic", I'm a "Cool Catholic!" Do you want a little bit? Because if you're going to drink I'd rather you do it in the house. :love: You crack me up!
vee Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 :notworthy: Communist News Network Please CNN enlighten us more
homeschoolmom Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 They should hold the conclave at Chili's. It's the place where business happens. It's the new Sistine Chapel.
Tony Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 They should hold the conclave at Chili's. It's the place where business happens. It's the new Sistine Chapel. Yeah, I heard this conclave will look similar to a fantasy football draft.
Winchester Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 Article basically nails it. The Church is suffering from the same problems as the GOP. Retreating backwards into the dark only reinforces the problems that the Church is suffering from. Time for someone to open up a new era and return to what Jesus and Peter wanted. lolgopretreatingbackwards
Nihil Obstat Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 As far as I an concerned, they should put that 'commentary' back where it came from. I would tell you where that is, but it is somewhat inappropriate. :proud:
OnlySunshine Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 As far as I an concerned, they should put that 'commentary' back where it came from. I would tell you where that is, but it is somewhat inappropriate. :proud:
DemonSlayer Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 Most of the secular articles and news reports I've seen has included at least some criticism of Pope Benedict and the Church, so this article's no surprise,
mortify Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 Two points of interest. One, it's very ironic how the so called supporters of tolerance end up being intollerant themselves. Why can't the Church operate as she wishes? There are many different worldviews and the contemporary Western one only represents one, albeit abberational, version. Sorry Mr Donovan but the majority of the world does not share your view towards homosexuality or a female priesthood. Furthermore, it's intollerant of you to force your opinions on the rest of the world! Secondly, it's interesting how the liberals view Vatican II, basically a break from tradition. Reminds myself of what the real Catholics have to fight against.
Gabriela Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 Gosh, if I can't be a priest... I guess there's nothing I can do but the dishes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now