KnightofChrist Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 CNN is not communist. Nor is it even democratic socialists. It's mainstream beltway. Your sense of political proportion is way off. So says the Democrat Party surrogate, in defense of his fellow but more accomplished Democrat Party surrogates.
4588686 Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 So says the Democrat Party surrogate, in defense of his fellow but more accomplished Democrat Party surrogates. The democratic party is not communist. Nor is CNN. If you think that they are then you are politically illiterate. I am not a democrat, by the way. And have never been a member of the Democratic Party. I did work for OFA in 2012 because Obama was a less bad choice than Mitt Romney and that is the most supportive I have ever been of Obama or the Democratic Party.
KnightofChrist Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 The democratic party is not communist. Nor is CNN. If you think that they are then you are politically illiterate. I am not a democrat, by the way. And have never been a member of the Democratic Party. I did work for OFA in 2012 because Obama was a less bad choice than Mitt Romney and that is the most supportive I have ever been of Obama or the Democratic Party.Cool story comrade.
4588686 Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 CNN is basically a beltway consensus network. MSNBC is a left of center beltway consensus network and Fox is a beltway right of center network. Almost nothing in American political debate ever exceeds the exceedingly narrow political spectrum that form the parameters of beltway political discourse and that applies to the major cable networks.
ardillacid Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 You want to put the force of law behind your silly beliefs. I can only assume you are attempting to be ironic.
4588686 Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 I can only assume you are attempting to be ironic. Why?
Evangetholic Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 The democratic party is not communist. Nor is CNN. If you think that they are then you are politically illiterate. I am not a democrat, by the way. And have never been a member of the Democratic Party. I did work for OFA in 2012 because Obama was a less bad choice than Mitt Romney and that is the most supportive I have ever been of Obama or the Democratic Party. I agree with every sentence in the above.
Autumn Dusk Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 CNN is basically a beltway consensus network. MSNBC is a left of center beltway consensus network and Fox is a beltway right of center network. Almost nothing in American political debate ever exceeds the exceedingly narrow political spectrum that form the parameters of beltway political discourse and that applies to the major cable networks. MSNBC is so far left of center that it's not even funny. NPR is Left of center. MSNBC is extremely liberal as Fox is extremely Conservative.
KnightofChrist Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 CNN is basically a beltway consensus network. MSNBC is a left of center beltway consensus network and Fox is a beltway right of center network. Almost nothing in American political debate ever exceeds the exceedingly narrow political spectrum that form the parameters of beltway political discourse and that applies to the major cable networks. And airplanes in the night sky really are shooting stars.
God the Father Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 why Vatican 3? the next council could just as easily be held in Constantinpole or Jerusalem or Oklahoma City It must be held in a warm-weather city, or in a city with a domed stadium. Nobody wants to be shivering at the Church Council, it should be a nice, pleasant event you want to take your family to on vacation. "Why not make America just like every decrepit urban center choking on debt while worrying about Global Warming? Why not make it like CNN, a formerly innovative news network, now in third place, but determined to put a good face on it by pretending nothing is wrong?" http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2013/02/wheres-our-panama-canal.html
4588686 Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 And airplanes in the night sky really are shooting stars. Are you going to make any substantive response at any point here or should I look forward to more or these jems? MSNBC is so far left of center that it's not even funny. NPR is Left of center. MSNBC is extremely liberal as Fox is extremely Conservative. No, they aren't. They dabble in some populist rhetoric, which individuals like Ed Schultz, but for the most part they're Ezra Kleinesque technocratic, beltway progressiveish democrats. If you think that MSNBC is on the far, far left then you're mistaking cable news for substantive political debate.
KnightofChrist Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 Are you going to make any substantive response at any point here or should I look forward to more or these jems? Yes, when you start making statements about the media's bias that don't defy reason.
4588686 Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 Yes, when you start making statements about the media's bias that don't defy reason. What about what I said defies reason? Either be specific or please stop wasting my time.
r2Dtoo Posted February 16, 2013 Posted February 16, 2013 What about what I said defies reason? Either be specific or please stop wasting my time. You're expecting people not to waste your time on phatmass, Hasan?
inunionwithrome Posted February 18, 2013 Posted February 18, 2013 It's the secular news media. What were we expecting? Truffles?
Era Might Posted February 18, 2013 Posted February 18, 2013 (edited) I'm shocked to see such an article from CNN. Absolutely shocked. I honestly can't believe people feel this way. I didn't know they even existed! You don't have to be very insightful to be a writer. I'm not being sarcastic...these kinds of articles are more about provoking discussion than anything else, getting picked up on Reddit, get a thread started on Phatmass, etc. It's actually helpful NOT to be very insightful...you don't have any hangups about intellectual rigor, and you can focus on what online media is really about, content marketing. Choose your online reading material wisely...there's only so much useless junk you can sift through any given day. Edited February 18, 2013 by Era Might
Ice_nine Posted February 19, 2013 Posted February 19, 2013 MSNBC is so far left of center that it's not even funny. NPR is Left of center. MSNBC is extremely liberal as Fox is extremely Conservative. I don't think so. A lot of it has to do with perception. I personally think they attempt to be extreme and polarizing to get ratings but at the end of the day they share a lot of the same values and are often times pretty detestable :). There are studies done about perception and politics/media bias that generally indicate that the perceived gap between opposing beliefs is usually a lot wider than it is in actuality. It's never been an area of much interest to me, but you can poke around the interwebs if it suits you.
Autumn Dusk Posted February 19, 2013 Posted February 19, 2013 I don't think so. A lot of it has to do with perception. I personally think they attempt to be extreme and polarizing to get ratings but at the end of the day they share a lot of the same values and are often times pretty detestable :). There are studies done about perception and politics/media bias that generally indicate that the perceived gap between opposing beliefs is usually a lot wider than it is in actuality. It's never been an area of much interest to me, but you can poke around the interwebs if it suits you. http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/11/02/msnbc_fox_news_which_cable_channel_is_more_partisan_pew_report_suggests.html Here's some average Joe's metrics but he pulled them from a reasonable source...I just picked this page becuase of the nice graphic http://mediatemetrics.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/flash-report-media-bias-by-network-123-to-127/ This dosn't list MSNBC, but it's where much of the data is gathered from http://www.freakonomics.com/2012/02/16/how-biased-is-your-media/
4588686 Posted February 19, 2013 Posted February 19, 2013 http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/11/02/msnbc_fox_news_which_cable_channel_is_more_partisan_pew_report_suggests.html Here's some average Joe's metrics but he pulled them from a reasonable source...I just picked this page becuase of the nice graphic http://mediatemetrics.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/flash-report-media-bias-by-network-123-to-127/ This dosn't list MSNBC, but it's where much of the data is gathered from http://www.freakonomics.com/2012/02/16/how-biased-is-your-media/ The Wall Street Journal is substantially more liberal than the NY Time and PBS? And the Drudge Report is liberal? That study is, I think it's safe to conclude, bullpoo. That doesn't mean that the media at large doesn't reflect a, in the very narrow context of American political discourse, mainstream liberal bias. But that study is obviously flawed.
add Posted February 19, 2013 Posted February 19, 2013 http://www.mrc.org/ I am gross and perverted I’m obsessed n deranged I have existed for years But very little had changed I am the tool of the government And industry too For I am destined to rule And regulate you I may be vile and pernicious But you can't look away I make you think Im delicious With the stuff that I say I am the best you can get Have you guessed me yet? I am the slime oozin out From your tv set
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now