4588686 Posted February 13, 2013 Author Posted February 13, 2013 It's called death and taxes. I can't really care about a $200 plus speeding ticket with some of the stuff I've paid. I don't think that I ever asked you to care about it.
4588686 Posted February 13, 2013 Author Posted February 13, 2013 What would it take for you to leave NC? You know NC shot down the gay marriage? I feel pretty confident that I could be bribed.
add Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 were you really speeding? how fast over the limit were you going? you know that people get killed every day on the highways and byways, you got off easy! maybe that judge was not such a bad guy as you make him out to be.
IcePrincessKRS Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 were you really speeding? how fast over the limit were you going? you know that people get killed every day on the highways and byways, you got off easy! maybe that judge was not such a bad guy as you make him out to be. Uh... I don't think he made the judge out to be a bad guy at all. If anything he made him out to be a guy with a decent sense of humor.
4588686 Posted February 13, 2013 Author Posted February 13, 2013 Yeah. I think the system is a racket but I really don't have anything against the judge. He was really long winded but he seemed like a nice guy. He even laughed at himself when he was like 15 minutes into a story and realized that he himself had lost track of where he was going with it. One of the greatest spiritual influences in my life was a judge who was active in the Church. From his stories you understood that most of the public cries of repentance are bullpoo.
Era Might Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 I was driving through NC and its environs recently, was a little perplexed to see signs about how speed limits were enforced by aircraft. Do they send planes up in the sky to catch you speeding? Drones? Is anybody out there? Hello? SOS.
Papist Posted February 13, 2013 Posted February 13, 2013 I feel pretty confident that I could be bribed. For a case of Milano cookies?
morostheos Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 I was driving through NC and its environs recently, was a little perplexed to see signs about how speed limits were enforced by aircraft. Do they send planes up in the sky to catch you speeding? Drones? Is anybody out there? Hello? SOS. I know in Virginia they did that back in the 90's - it was usually a plane in the sky and a few cars down on the ground to pull people over. I'm pretty sure when the economy tanked, so did the funding for the planes, but they never took down the signs. :P
r2Dtoo Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 I know in Virginia they did that back in the 90's - it was usually a plane in the sky and a few cars down on the ground to pull people over. I'm pretty sure when the economy tanked, so did the funding for the planes, but they never took down the signs. :P They definitely no longer enforce speeding violations by aircraft in VA, anymore.
Winchester Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 (edited) Hassan, it sounds as if you were a bit rude. It's not a fun job to make decisions about speeding tickets all day. Then the judge can find a more respectable line of work. Maybe piano player in a whorehouse. Story about a robed thug overseeing the kidnapping of a woman. http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Woman-Gives-Judge-Middle-Finger-Gets-30-Day-Sentence-for-Contempt-189691991.html Edited February 14, 2013 by Winchester
r2Dtoo Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 (edited) Then the judge can find a more respectable line of work. Maybe piano player in a whorehouse. Story about a robed thug overseeing the kidnapping of a woman. http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Woman-Gives-Judge-Middle-Finger-Gets-30-Day-Sentence-for-Contempt-189691991.html And we're supposed to be enraged by what, exactly? Edited February 14, 2013 by r2Dtoo
Gabriela Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 I do regret not talking more with the hipster girl. At least you repent of something.
4588686 Posted February 14, 2013 Author Posted February 14, 2013 At least you repent of something. Do I really, though?
4588686 Posted February 14, 2013 Author Posted February 14, 2013 At least you repent of something. Do I really, though?
Winchester Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 And we're supposed to be enraged by what, exactly? I don't expect anyone to be enraged. I happen to find kidnapping morally repugnant. Maybe you don't.
fides' Jack Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 :idontknow: It is not unusual that a cop is inclined, for whatever reason, to be a jerk, just because they can. Yet if you do not respond with perfect deference, you get squished. I am not ok with that, just because they have a shiny badge. That is the way it is, but that does not mean I have to appreciate it. My best man is a cop. (is that grammatically right? The person who was my best man is a cop.) I'm sure there are some like that, but it's been my impression that most are good family men. Maybe it's the area. (And I've been pulled over a LOT :) ) You have to remember that every time they pull someone over, they put their life on the line, and they know it. It's a stressful job.
r2Dtoo Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 I don't expect anyone to be enraged. I happen to find kidnapping morally repugnant. Maybe you don't. Someone was kidnapped in that article?
Winchester Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 Someone was kidnapped in that article? If you threw someone in a cage for shooting the finger at you, what crime would you be charged with? Pretty sure it's called kidnapping. I suppose you're upset that I didn't include assault among the charges. Fair enough. There was also assault. It doesn't say that some armed thugs were involved, but it's likely. So I guess both those charges are aggravated.
Semper Catholic Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 I live in a small town in NC on the outskirts of the Marine Corps Base here. On the one side road leading towards the main high way the speed limit changes 3 times, despite there being no changes to the surrounding road way (no traffic lights, stop signs, school zones etc.) Most of the cops out here target Marines because they have a steady paycheck and get more admiration then they do. Needless to say I don't meet a lot of cops who aren't crooked.
Semper Catholic Posted February 14, 2013 Posted February 14, 2013 I live in a small town in NC on the outskirts of the Marine Corps Base here. On the one side road leading towards the main high way the speed limit changes 3 times, despite there being no changes to the surrounding road way (no traffic lights, stop signs, school zones etc.) Most of the cops out here target Marines because they have a steady paycheck and get more admiration then they do. Needless to say I don't meet a lot of cops who aren't crooked.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now