An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestants, Unite!

mulls

Brandon,

While your enthusiasm for Holy Mother Church is admirable, go easy. We're all friends here, and Mulls is Phamily. He's been here a long time, and I for one would like to see him stay.

peace...

phatcatholic

STEEL CURTAIN DEFENSE!!

--:blood:--:club:--:saber:--:shield:--:transform:--:cyclone:--:cyborg:--:sumo:--:bishop:--:robber:--:doc:--:jesus:--:ninja:--:nono:--:pope:--

[quote name='lankyswimmer' date='May 26 2004, 12:22 AM'] theres just something about "PROTESTANTS UNITE" that makes me laugh uncontrollably [/quote]
ROTFL.....

Break out the Holy Water, phatmassers! Some protestants are uniting!

Y'all come! :lol:

as soon as they unite with Catholics (fully unite, not just partially) then they'll be Catholics as well! :cool: in that sense there's no way protestants can fully unite with Catholics, it ain't possible. as soon as they stop protestin Catholic Doctrine, they're Catholic! wooohoo!

but we kan unite imperfectly. perfect union will only come when we all hold the same Apostolic Faith.

Pax Amorque Christi

morostheos

that's the spirit dusty! Protestants unite with Catholics! :D woohoo! (that wouldn't help to defeat phatmass though) ;)

[quote name='P3chrmd' date='May 26 2004, 01:26 AM'] I just love being a part of the ONE TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH THAT JESUS ESTABLISHED! It makes you feel good don't it fellow catholic...as for you mulls....feel bad VERY BAD that you are a part of a church created because one man (MARTIN LUTHER :rolleyes: ) didn't like Indulgences or Salvation with works! WOW THATS SAD...that we have this big seperation just because of one man...one ugly man might I add...have you seen drawings of him...quite plump he was :P

GOD BLESS ALL GODS CHILDREN

STILL LOVE MY PROTESTANT FRIENDS AND FAMILY :cool:

In Christ through Mary,
Brandon V. [/quote]
I must agree with Brandon.

Catholicism is a gift from Christ Himself to His people.
Martin Luther ruined that gift for thousands upon thousands of people who now only recieve partial truths about Jesus. though they ardently love what they know of Him.
Would that they would all have the benefit of His Sacraments!
Would that they would come to know and love His Mother, eat His Body, drink His Blood, share in the glories of the martyrs and the lives of the saints!

Darn that Martin Looser...errr Luther. :(

P. S. Mulls can check out, but he can never leave. Welcome to the Hotel Phatmass!!!

eh forget unity, i'll just plow through the steel curtain myself ike UCONN plowed through everyone to win the championships!

HA!

Brother Adam

Anna,

Had the Church leadership never gone curropt, chances are, Luther never would have lifted a finger in protest. I suggest "Roots of the Reformation" by Karl Adam (Catholic Scholar). It's less than 100 pages.

the lumberjack

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='May 26 2004, 10:43 AM'] Anna,

Had the Church leadership never gone curropt, chances are, Luther never would have lifted a finger in protest. I suggest "Roots of the Reformation" by Karl Adam (Catholic Scholar). It's less than 100 pages. [/quote]
thank you brother Adam.

I pray that you rise to the upper echelons of the Catholic Church and bring some insight and perspective...

God bless.

Jake Huether

[quote name='the lumberjack' date='May 26 2004, 10:45 AM'] thank you brother Adam.

I pray that you rise to the upper echelons of the Catholic Church and bring some insight and perspective...

God bless. [/quote]
I must note, he did not say the Church went corrupt. He said the Church leadership did. And the leadership is still corrupt, and it will be until the leadership stops being human. But the Holy Spirit leads these currupt peeps so that the Church teachings are not in error.

Luther's big mistake was protesting the Church. He could have simply continued to protest the leader, while remaining faithful to the Church.

Livin_the_MASS

haha this thread is funny.

CATHOLICS UNITE :shield: :shield: :shield: It's founded by Jesus Christ, there is no movin this Rock ;)

RandomProddy

[quote name='PedroX' date='May 26 2004, 07:14 AM'] Brandon,

While your enthusiasm for Holy Mother Church is admirable, go easy. We're all friends here, and Mulls is Phamily. He's been here a long time, and I for one would like to see him stay.

peace... [/quote]
^^ probably the most hristian person here, I love this guy! [img]http://cjwinnit.hopto.org/pictures/smile.gif[/img]

[quote name='P3chrmd' date='May 25 2004, 11:26 PM'] I just love being a part of the ONE TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH THAT JESUS ESTABLISHED! It makes you feel good don't it fellow catholic...as for you mulls....feel bad VERY BAD that you are a part of a church created because one man (MARTIN LUTHER :rolleyes: ) didn't like Indulgences or Salvation with works! WOW THATS SAD...that we have this big seperation just because of one man...one ugly man might I add...have you seen drawings of him...quite plump he was  :P

GOD BLESS ALL GODS CHILDREN

STILL LOVE MY PROTESTANT FRIENDS AND FAMILY  :cool:

In Christ through Mary,
Brandon V. [/quote]
Buddy, you need to learn a bit more about your faith and how to express the truths of the faith a little more eloquently. We aren't saved by 'salvation by works' - we're saved by faith [b]working[/b] in love (Galatians 5:6) and sustained by hope (Hebrews 11:1). It's all one big continuum. The works aren't added from outside, they proceed forth from the Faith. We love the Lord our God with all our hearts, and all our minds, and all our souls, and all our strength, and [b]as a result[/b], we love our neighbor as ourselves. It is THIS faith - a living faith, a faith that works, that saves. Not "Faith + Works = Justification"

The doctrine you offered a second ago is not Christianity, it is semi-pelagianism.

Edited by ICTHUS