Era Might Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 Cardinals are processing into the Sistine Chapel now.
Apotheoun Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 What kind of chance do you think Hans Küng has of being elected?
Era Might Posted March 12, 2013 Author Posted March 12, 2013 What kind of chance do you think Hans Küng has of being elected? Slightly better odds than Patriarch Kirill, but only slightly.
Apotheoun Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 Chances for election as pope . . . most likely to least likely: 1. Anyone 2. Hans Küng 3. Patriarch Kirill 4. Charles Curran 5. Roger Mahony
OnlySunshine Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 I got so excited seeing Cardinal O'Malley but I haven't seen Cardinal Burke or Cardinal Dolan yet although the announcers have said they are there...
xTrishaxLynnx Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 Trying to keep an eye on it between calls today at work... have it streaming on mute. Someone in the chat rooms we have for work said "The room they're choosing the new pope in is really pretty." I was like :doh: And then they said "They're all really mopey. Mope like a pope!" :doh: So I was like ... "It's the Sistine Chapel, painted by Michelangelo and they are about to make a huge decision - so they are praying." And then they didn't know who Michelangelo was... :twitch: I supposed I should not be surprised...
Basilisa Marie Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 In an hour and a half, they'll cast the first ballot!
Era Might Posted March 12, 2013 Author Posted March 12, 2013 In an hour and a half, they'll cast the first ballot! What do they actually do in the conclave, do they debate each other's merits? Must be kind of awkward talking frankly about each other lol.
OnlySunshine Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 I loved watching the closing of the doors. That gave me the chills and I was so happy to see it. I've only lived through one other Conclave (Benedict XVI) and I didn't give it much attention. This time, I'm really keeping on top of what happens. I can't wait to see the white smoke and the new Pope revealed!
Lil Red Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 Cardinal Burke's Latin was so smooth when he gave his oath.
Lil Red Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 btw, I'm so freakin' excited, and nervous, and just....a little bit crazy with anticipation already. i'm thinking it's going to be Thursday on the second ballot of the day.
dUSt Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 As a side note, the most "phatmass connected" cardinal would be Cardinal Burke. He is personal friends with our spiritual adviser, Fr Pontifex.
Lil Red Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 As a side note, the most "phatmass connected" cardinal would be Cardinal Burke. He is personal friends with our spiritual adviser, Fr Pontifex. oh.my.Goodness!!! :woot: that's awesome!
Apotheoun Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 I think Cardinal Burke would be a great choice, but I am afraid that the cardinals will choose someone who's a little more milquetoast.
HisChildForever Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 btw, I'm so freakin' excited, and nervous, and just....a little bit crazy with anticipation already. i'm thinking it's going to be Thursday on the second ballot of the day. I think it'll be on Thursday too.
Lil Red Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 Cardinal names in Latin: http://cnsblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/11/alphabetical-list-of-cardinal-electors-first-names-in-latin/ Study it, and be prepared for the announcement!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now