gaudium et spes Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 I love those swim dresses, TJMH. :like3: Thank you so much for sharing those with us. I am tired of searching the stores for swimsuits when all they have is immodest nonsense that barely covers your "parts." Praise God for some awesome designers who made those beautiful swim dresses that are actually, genuinely, Marian-quality modest. What would Mary wear to go swimming? That's what I base my standards off of. Can't wait to buy a swim dress! Thank you again! :winner:
PhuturePriest Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 My sister has found really nice swim suits that are modest, but not over-the-top. She has a new one that doesn't quite look like this, but here is her last one which is comparable: It's what she likes and she says it's comfortable to swim in. It's skin tight and it's a lot like a Scuba suit, really.
morostheos Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 I've always liked the Land's End swimsuits. Lots of options, plenty of coverage. Plus they are super cute.
Lil Red Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 Yes, they are. Made of the same fabric as the other stuff. And they're super comfortable and easy to swim in. And people who've seen me swim in it have given me only compliments and gratitude. :) glad it works for you. but, i'll have to agree with HCF and say I would never ever wear something like that, nor expect my daughter to.
Lil Red Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 I found this piece interesting: http://abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-post_3177.html uhm, yeah. interesting. imo, that lady has kind of messed up ideas. and more than a bit judgmental.
Lil Red Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 I've always liked the Land's End swimsuits. Lots of options, plenty of coverage. Plus they are super cute. those are way cute!
Lil Red Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 And we're off to the races, again. :| i'd post the choo-choo meme picture, but i'd just get warned for it. (just pretend it's here)
WillT Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 i'd post the choo-choo meme picture, but i'd just get warned for it. (just pretend it's here) Yes. That and the "brace yourself" one.
PhuturePriest Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 (edited) Immodest trollops, the lot of you. You're a smelly pirate hooker! I would've said what Sassy Gay Friend says, but I imagine I will get a warning if I say that. Edited March 16, 2013 by FuturePriest387
GeorgiiMichael Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 You're a smelly pirate hooker! I would've said what Sassy Gay Friend says, but I imagine I will get a warning if I say that. I am neither smelly nor a hooker.
Basilisa Marie Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 I am neither smelly nor a hooker. But you do wear skirts.
PhuturePriest Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 But you do wear skirts. It's not so much that he wears skirts. It's that he wears skirts for his girlfriend.
Basilisa Marie Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 It's not so much that he wears skirts. It's that he wears skirts for his girlfriend. Huh, I didn't know Mary likes skirts on her men. Makes sense though. No wonder the cool priests are always wearing dresses.
missionseeker Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 Hey there! I am making this thread so we can share the names of our favorite stores or favorite patterns for modest clothing. I'm also hoping this could be a good conversation starter about modest fashion. I am annoyed because I was looking online on how to make a maxi skirt work with a petite frame with out showing a lot of skin. EVERY site I went to said petite people should wear a V-neck to show more skin! What on earth! Why does skin need to be shown in order to look good? My answer, it doesn't! That is a myth! Your clothes just need to fit correctly and be nicely coordinated. Basically, I think it is possible to be fashionable and modest. (Oh, yeah and I've decided that I'm never going swimming again because bathing suits these days are way too revealing. This is probably a whole other conversation though... ) Now first, do you agree with what I have said and second, do you have anything to add? ( I am really interested in what people think about this.) Fashion is a lot about proportions and symmetry. What we wear can screw that up or accent it really well. For example, a high neck line actually makes a woman's chest look bigger than it is. For women who have bigger chest, that draws attention to it. Wearing something with a lower neckline evens out the proportions. There is more to height of necklines or style of pants than choosing to show more or less skin means you want to be slut.
PhuturePriest Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 Huh, I didn't know Mary likes skirts on her men. Makes sense though. No wonder the cool priests are always wearing dresses. The cassock is honorable and glorious, and in no way will be referred to as a "skirt" or a "dress". That being said, if he is wearing one and he isn't a seminarian or Priest he is impersonating clergy, and that's a sin, though I wish it wasn't because I would totally wear my cassock everywhere I went.
GeorgiiMichael Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 The cassock is honorable and glorious, and in no way will be referred to as a "skirt" or a "dress". That being said, if he is wearing one and he isn't a seminarian or Priest he is impersonating clergy, and that's a sin, though I wish it wasn't because I would totally wear my cassock everywhere I went. I wear a kilt. Don't be such a snob, kid.
Evangetholic Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 FP, it's weird how you keep posting pics of your sister here. Like Mississippi weird.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now