Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

PhuturePriest
Posted

I wear a kilt. Don't be such a snob, kid.

 

Kilts are glorious. I want a kilt. That being said, there is a difference between a kilt and a skirt, though people ignorant of different cultures and clothing disagree.

Basilisa Marie
Posted

Kilts are glorious. I want a kilt. That being said, there is a difference between a kilt and a skirt, though people ignorant of different cultures and clothing disagree.

 

:|

 

Dear, I'm not sure you could pull it off.  Maybe in a few years - men who wear kilts should also look like they could wrestle a bear.  Or at least participate in the Highland Games.  Get some protein powder in you and then we'll talk. :) 

Basilisa Marie
Posted (edited)

The cassock is honorable and glorious, and in no way will be referred to as a "skirt" or a "dress". That being said, if he is wearing one and he isn't a seminarian or Priest he is impersonating clergy, and that's a sin, though I wish it wasn't because I would totally wear my cassock everywhere I went.

 

Furthermore, are you implying that dresses AREN'T honorable or glorious?  Careful, or I might decide to turn this thread into yet another feminism argument.   :hehe2:

Edited by Basilisa Marie
Posted (edited)

utilikilt.jpg

 

My my, that utilikilt is quite​ high above the knee! :o I think the nuns could get him for rolling his kilt up at the waist! :P

Edited by morostheos
GeorgiiMichael
Posted

Kilts are glorious. I want a kilt. That being said, there is a difference between a kilt and a skirt, though people ignorant of different cultures and clothing disagree.

 

I'm a fair bit Scottish, and a kilt is a skirt. A very specific type of skirt, but a skirt nonetheless. 

Nihil Obstat
Posted (edited)

My my, that utilikilt is quite​ high above the knee! :o I think the nuns could get him for rolling his kilt up at the waist! :P

He looks like an anime character. :|

 

Konachan.com+-+102171+hidan_no_aria+kanz

 

Not really, but you know.

Edited by Nihil Obstat
PhuturePriest
Posted

:|

 

Dear, I'm not sure you could pull it off.  Maybe in a few years - men who wear kilts should also look like they could wrestle a bear.  Or at least participate in the Highland Games.  Get some protein powder in you and then we'll talk. :)

 

I can promise you I will never look like I can wrestle a bear. I'm not a wrestling type, and I'm not built for it. I'm short and skinny. Wiry, but not incredibly strong. That being said, I have quite a bit of hair on my legs, so it's not like a bare-skinned ten year old wearing a kilt.

PhuturePriest
Posted

I'm a fair bit Scottish, and a kilt is a skirt. A very specific type of skirt, but a skirt nonetheless. 

 

Yeah, well, I'm Irish (For those who don't know, the Irish wore kilts just as much as the Scottish did), and it is different than a typical skirt.

GeorgiiMichael
Posted

Yeah, well, I'm Irish (For those who don't know, the Irish wore kilts just as much as the Scottish did), and it is different than a typical skirt.

 

As an Irishman myself, that isn't an entirely accurate claim. And if you can describe to me a "typical" skirt, by all means, do, but until such a time as you give me an adequate answer (protip, you can't), kindly don't tell me what a kilt is and isn't.

 

I've got 8 years of personal knowledge of the wearing of kilts, and an equal amount of time put into research of the garment. Kilts are a very specific type of skirt that are for men only, but a skirt they are, as they are an unbifurcated garment  that is secured around the waist.

PhuturePriest
Posted

As an Irishman myself, that isn't an entirely accurate claim. And if you can describe to me a "typical" skirt, by all means, do, but until such a time as you give me an adequate answer (protip, you can't), kindly don't tell me what a kilt is and isn't.

 

I've got 8 years of personal knowledge of the wearing of kilts, and an equal amount of time put into research of the garment. Kilts are a very specific type of skirt that are for men only, but a skirt they are, as they are an unbifurcated garment  that is secured around the waist.

 

I would give a proper response to this, but I have a cat craving attention right now who literally bites my side if I don't pet her. One of those things she did that I originally thought was cute so encouraged it, but now it's starting to backfire...

Posted

Lets not get started on what Mary would wear swimming. Mary was on earth how many years ago? Standards change. I'm pretty sure she didn't even swim.

Posted

Lets not get started on what Mary would wear swimming. Mary was on earth how many years ago? Standards change. I'm pretty sure she didn't even swim.

 


But all the Blessed Mother's fashion magazines were discovered in the Qumran caves or somewhere similar, and she definitely had a preference for these.

Evangetholic
Posted (edited)

It's worth saying that I'd be more apt to respond with sinful desire to a girl (or a guy) who was scantily clad on the beach than one who was naked. The naked body has its own curious dignity given it by God. Bathing attire however is frequently intended solely to titillate and arouse.

Edited by Evangetholic
Ash Wednesday
Posted

LOL, kilt fight.

Posted

Yeah, can we talk about fashion now? I was curious about full length skirts. Practical or not? Right now I wear skinny jeans but I feel like I shouldn't wear them anymore given that I am not a teen anymore. Thoughts?

Posted

Yeah, can we talk about fashion now? I was curious about full length skirts. Practical or not? Right now I wear skinny jeans but I feel like I shouldn't wear them anymore given that I am not a teen anymore. Thoughts?

 

I don't wear skinny jeans for two reasons:

 

1. I am not skinny enough, thus they wouldn't look good on me.

2. I can't understand how people get their feet out of the bottom cuffs... :think2:

 

I'm not a teen either but I feel like they can be worn (provided they're not skin tight) in a cute fashion.  Besides, they're no more immodest than girls wearing leggings as pants, although that is a fashion I just can't get behind...

 

In any case, I found a website of cute, modest clothes and the prices are not too shabby :)

 

http://downeastbasics.com/skirts.aspx

Posted

Yeah, can we talk about fashion now? I was curious about full length skirts. Practical or not? Right now I wear skinny jeans but I feel like I shouldn't wear them anymore given that I am not a teen anymore. Thoughts?


I'm 22 now and I wear jeans sometimes (not the super skinny ones but just the straight leg ones), and I will usually only wear them with a longer top that covers my butt or a dress (great way to use dresses that are cute but too short to be worn alone)

I find full length skirts impractical, partly because I live in a very windy city and a full length skirt just gets annoying, blowing about all over the place. For me they seem catch on everything and just generally really annoy me. They're also just not my style. I feel stupid in skirts longer than knee length. If you want to see how it works for you, buy just one cheap full length skirt as a "tester". If you find you love it, then you can invest in more but if you don't then that way you haven't spent a load of money on stuff you'll never wear. 

Posted

Yeah, can we talk about fashion now? 

 


We are. Just not the crummy fashion you want to talk about.

Posted

I don't wear skinny jeans for two reasons:

 

1. I am not skinny enough, thus they wouldn't look good on me.

2. I can't understand how people get their feet out of the bottom cuffs... :think2:

 

I'm not a teen either but I feel like they can be worn (provided they're not skin tight) in a cute fashion.  Besides, they're no more immodest than girls wearing leggings as pantaloons, although that is a fashion I just can't get behind...

 

In any case, I found a website of cute, modest clothes and the prices are not too shabby :)

 

http://downeastbasics.com/skirts.aspx

 

I wear skinny cords occasionally, mainly because I have hardly any rear end to begin with, so there's not much there to emphasize. It works for me, but it definitely doesn't work for everyone.

 

That website has lots of nice clothes, and you're right - the prices are reasonable too! Bonus! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...