An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help Please

Mary's Child

ToJesusMyHeart

I'm not sure.  My friend is looking at entering the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal when she finishes her time with Christ in the City in Denver, CO.  She is still young enough to be on her parents' insurance but they still want her to raise the money.  In other dioceses, they wouldn't bother but NYC apparently is very strict.  :(

That would be so disheartening. Jesus, help us! 

OnlySunshine

That would be so disheartening. Jesus, help us! 

I really am not sure why NYC makes them raise so much money.  Makes me wonder how long it took my other friend, who just entered the CFRs recently, to raise the money.  It's such a large sum.  But all the seminarians and incoming religious candidates have to.  :(

Mary's Child

Where are you entering?? What is "K of C" Also...I thought one must have their own health insurance in order to enter...Who are the other communities that require thousands of dollars as a prerequisite for entrance???? Thanks (Sorry Allie, I still have about 900$ left of my own bills to pay off) :/

I am entering the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa http://www.mariansisters.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marian-Sisters-of-Santa-Rosa/222352604480143

KoC is the Knights of Columbus. Also yes I will also need to have my  own health insurance during initial formation.

Totally Franciscan

Just curious.  On FB page, the top photo has a sister with no white collar, yet all the others show the sisters with a white collar.  Is there a significance to now wearing the white collar? 

Mary's Child

The Sister with no color kneeling and holding the candle is their new Postulant. I have become good friends with her she was there both times I visited the sisters. There are other differences between their clothing also. One is that the Posulant outfit is not blessed while from the Novitiate onward it is blessed so it is a habit.