An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosary Overload

Lil Red

Just a helpful hint/piece of advice for those of you who are fundraising money in order to be able to enter an order. 

Almost everyone makes rosaries. I've got rosaries coming out my ears, I've got so many. So start making other items. Assess where your talents lie, and utilize your talents to make money. 

Search on etsy for cool Catholic items that people are making - there are a ton of them! Catholic magnets, Catholic saint dolls, Catholic greeting cards, retro Catholic items, Catholic pictures, Catholic frames, handmade holy cards, etc. (Personally, I would love to see someone start making Catholic nail art, but that's just me.) Get creative, and I'll bet you'll see a lot more interest in people wanting to buy or help you out.

Sincerely,

Someone who is done buying rosaries

FutureSister2009

Well personally I feel like I can never have enough Rosaries because they are all so special. But I love all things Catholic! And I actually have to agree with the Catholic nail art idea!

Well personally I feel like I can never have enough Rosaries because they are all so special. But I love all things Catholic! And I actually have to agree with the Catholic nail art idea!

for the amount some people are charging for rosaries, i'd rather buy something different. 

dominicansoul

what happened to that phatmasser who was making tiny little religious dolls?  those were really cute!  I could see someone raising lots of funds if they did something like that!

dominicansoul

I do agree with Lil Red, but at the same time, I found Hopeful Bride's rosaries so unique and probably the most beautiful rosaries I've ever owned. :)

I have a rosary my grandmother gave me that I would NEVER stop using! Thus I don't have a interest in purchasing purchased them. I agree with Lil Red! The rosary market is over saturated! I would be interested in something other than rosaries, soaps and cards.The more unique the better, such as what Pax submitted.

Totally Franciscan

And it doesn't have to be Catholic. I'll just leave this here.

And who wouldn't want one of those?????  I absolutely love it!

OnlySunshine

I agree.  I bought a beautiful Bethlehem Olive Wood rosary a couple years ago that is my absolute favorite.  Thus, I am not looking to acquire anymore rosaries.  I got two in the mail from Catholic charitable organizations and I don't have need for them so they sit in a bag with all my other excess religious trinkets. 

However, if someone were to make a scapular like the one shown below, I'd seriously consider buying:

151785449912023769_wtBubxMj_c.jpg