An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosary Overload

Lil Red

AuthorOfMyLife

I think I could make one of those scapulars (I used to make dolls for years--and actually, I've even scapulars (embroidered) in the past!). However, I wouldn't want to copy someone else's design! Where did that picture come from?

If people are really interested in buying scapulars similar to that (I would have to give it my best shot and see how it turned out), I would definitely be interested in making them to order! I'm not saving up to enter a particular community at this time, but I'm a poor organist/cantor and writer, so I could certainly use the money!

AuthorOfMyLife

For fun, and for a "test run" I tested out some left-over embroidery thread on this variation...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79338779@N03/8609405725/

Unfortunately, this "facing" fabric is felt--which isn't very durable. I would like to find some wool (perhaps of two colors, creamy and this kind of nut-colored brown) for the facing next time. The dark brown back, however, is wool. This is only a test, however, as I didn't do well on the roses and there are no colors in the flames (I only had golden thread), and, in addition, there is no cord and no matching Immaculate Heart.

God bless you all!

For fun, and for a "test run" I tested out some left-over embroidery thread on this variation...

Unfortunately, this "facing" fabric is felt--which isn't very durable. I would like to find some wool (perhaps of two colors, creamy and this kind of nut-colored brown) for the facing next time. The dark brown back, however, is wool. This is only a test, however, as I didn't do well on the roses and there are no colors in the flames (I only had golden thread), and, in addition, there is no cord and no matching Immaculate Heart.

God bless you all!

VERY cool. :) 

AuthorOfMyLife

Thank you, Lil Red! If I make some of these scapulars for REAL, I'll probably start a thread here in Vocation Station.

Also, I forgot to mention, Arfink's Iphone (?) case is really nice! I don't have an i-phone (or any phone), but if I did, I would like something like that!

I would so totally buy one from you!! I like them all! Especially bottom row second from the left.;)) my compliments!!

AuthorOfMyLife

Thank you, nikita92!

I'm just going to buy some supplies and make a few (I'll make one matching the pattern you like--but don't worry, there won't be any pressure on you to buy it) and I'll pull them up on an Etsy site (or something like that) and let you and the phorum know about them. I'm rather excited that this idea came up! I LOVE to sew, but I haven't done anything like this for years! 

(Also, I think I should say, sorry for the thread hijack--I know this post wasn't about ME, but about NOT only selling rosaries!)

No worries!! actually I meant the very first one on the bottom left!! ;) you already have your very customer! ;)

AuthorOfMyLife

So the one with the five lilies, radiant beams, and dark pink roses--right? Again, thank you! Also, do you prefer one of the Sacred Heart images, too?

By the way, the scapular in your profile picture is also gorgeous!

Bottom row..first one. Pink roses..sword..I have a Poor Clare sister that I sponsor...I would love to give this as a gift to her on her second profession anniversary in July.;)

God bless you all!

That looks great!

OnlySunshine

Now can I talk about fudge?

Yes, it's safe talk now.  I wanted to yell when you mentioned it on Good Friday, LOL!  My mom and I went to the store Friday and it was horrible going on an almost-empty stomach and seeing all that food.  :(