An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread (2)

Papist

homeschoolmom

I like how the outfit is closer to a 2000 look than the depiction of Michael Jackson. (Btw, did the artist think MJ would turn into Billy Dee Williams?)

homeschoolmom

Wonder how many here know what this was used for.

306770_515476125180900_1562404342_n.jpg

I never used this, but... Do we not do that anymore?

I don't have caller ID either... I just pick up the phone and take and chance. If someone calls and doesn't leave a message, oh well.

I never used this, but... Do we not do that anymore?

I don't have caller ID either... I just pick up the phone and take and chance. If someone calls and doesn't leave a message, oh well.

Don't know if still a function. I never used it either. I remember as a kid when the phone used to ring and we all ran to get it.  Now the closest one to the phone is required to answer b/c no one wants to.

homeschoolmom

Don't know if still a function. I never used it either. I remember as a kid when the phone used to ring and we all ran to get it.  Now the closest one to the phone is required to answer b/c no one wants to.

No one wants to answer it here, either. I wonder if some of it (on the part of the adults, anyway) is that we are sick and tired of calls interupting our lives. It used to be that when the phone rang, someone interesting was on the other end. Now, chances are that it's a telemarketer, a robocall, a charity, or worst of all-- Someone from work wanting you to do something!!!

Norseman82

The old "banana seat" bikes: 

771px-Bicycle_saddle_variation_2.JPG

Upgrading to a ten-speed was like becoming a "grown up", almost a "right of passage" like getting one's driver's license.

Edited by Norseman82