An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread (2)

Papist

I liked Hogan's heroes. Did you know that John Bannor, who played "shultzie" and the actor who played LeBeau were concentration camp survivors? Werner Klemperer was jewish and only agreed to take the part if all of "klink's" schemes failed.

homeschoolmom

I liked Hogan's heroes. Did you know that John Bannor, who played "shultzie" and the actor who played LeBeau were concentration camp survivors? Werner Klemperer was jewish and only agreed to take the part if all of "klink's" schemes failed.

Yep. As long as the Nazis come off as idiots, then the Jewish actors were happy. :)

My favorite scene in the Hogan's Heroes video I posted is the second one. With the following exchange:

Klink: Those two men will be released over my dead body.
Hogan: It's a deal.

I just love the way that Hogan says, "It's a deal."

homeschoolmom

I never watched much of HH either until much later because I was a toddler when it went off the air. I never got (until much later) that it was about the Allies getting the better of the Nazis. I always thought of it as a "boy show." My brother liked to do imitations from it, though. But I never knew what the heck he was talking about.

I never watched much of HH either until much later because I was a toddler when it went off the air. I never got (until much later) that it was about the Allies getting the better of the Nazis. I always thought of it as a "boy show." My brother liked to do imitations from it, though. But I never knew what the heck he was talking about.

I have vague memories of watching the last couple of years of Hogan's Heroes on the CBS network, but I saw most of the episodes when it went into local rerun syndication. I loved Schultz. He was my favorite character on the show.