An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread (2)

Papist

And the next week, they release the THREE campaign.  

Actually that was released about three years later. ABC was number one until 1980.

Actually that was released about three years later. ABC was number one until 1980.

There were only 3 networks then. What was the big win.

There were only 3 networks then. What was the big win.

That's especially true when you take into account that ABC had been in last place for more than 25 years.

Makes sense that they would emphasize the number ONE when they finally beat their competitors.

Edited by Apotheoun

That's just wrong.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhZ2fYQj6IM[/media]

I remember my sister watching General Hospital and seeing Richard Simmons as a character on that show. My goodness the 80s were so cheesy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hT0WDw9QwI

I remember my sister watching General Hospital and seeing Richard Simmons as a character on that show. My goodness the 80s were so cheesy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hT0WDw9QwI

Yet so razzle dazzle!

homeschoolmom

I LOVED watching the fall promos as a kid. It got me all excited that summer reruns were almost over! (Did anyone watch summer reruns??)

I LOVED watching the fall promos as a kid. It got me all excited that summer reruns were almost over! (Did anyone watch summer reruns??)

I used to watch them. Only they weren't necessarily all "reruns" for me because my parents would let me stay up later during the summer and let me watch shows I was not allowed to see during the school year (e.g., Hawaii Five-0).

I also loved the fall network image campaigns, and that is probably why I collect them now and post them on youtube.

There may have only been three networks when I was a kid, but there was always a lot to watch on TV back then. Now I have hundreds of channels and can never find anything to watch.

homeschoolmom

I used to watch them. Only they weren't necessarily all "reruns" for me because my parents would let me stay up later during the summer and let me watch shows I was not allowed to see during the school year (e.g., Hawaii Five-0).

I also loved the fall network image campaigns, and that is probably why I collect them now and post them on youtube.

There may have only been three networks when I was a kid, but there was always a lot to watch on TV back then. Now I have hundreds of channels and can never find anything to watch.

I completely agree...

Btw, when you posted the '77 ABC one, I went to youtube and watched others. I noticed that YOU were the one posting them there. Thank you! They're great!