An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread (2)

Papist

Can't tell you how many times people asked if I had seen that movie.

NO

It's a great movie. I highly recommend it. The book too.

homeschoolmom

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Qiyklq-Q[/media]

I always like that ad. :hippie:

I wish they still had soda in glass bottles instead of plastic with resealable caps. I know I'd drink a whole heck of a lot less of it if I could only drink 16 oz. and couldn't take it with me everywhere. (I remember drinking a *whole* bottle being a LOT!)

I always like that ad. :hippie:

I wish they still had soda in glass bottles instead of plastic with resealable caps. I know I'd drink a whole heck of a lot less of it if I could only drink 16 oz. and couldn't take it with me everywhere. (I remember drinking a *whole* bottle being a LOT!)

AMEN!  Though, I don't drink soda anymore due to budget cuts.

833120k_27.jpeg

:love:

Soda was my first love. My mom used to call me a coke-aholic. In college, I progressed to Dr. Pepper via campus vending machine.

dr_pepper.jpg

homeschoolmom

:love:

Soda was my first love. My mom used to call me a coke-aholic. In college, I progressed to Dr. Pepper via campus vending machine.

dr_pepper.jpg

:love:  I'm drinking my morning Dr. Pepper right now. I know, gross, right? but I don't drink coffee.

homeschoolmom

3939-church-key-can-opener-wmagnet-origi

I have one of these in my kitchen drawer. I only use it for opening really large cans of tomato sauce when I make chili. (Any idea why these are called "church keys"?)

:love:  I'm drinking my morning Dr. Pepper right now. I know, gross, right? but I don't drink coffee.

Not gross to me. I miss my DP.  Having no soda in the house makes it easy to rear my youngins soda-free. They have yet to taste the stuff.  

homeschoolmom

11250340-vintage-can-opener-on-a-white-b

We ran across at least three of these when cleaning out Mom's kitchen. I was shocked she even had one, as I have never, ever seen her use one-- she's always had an electric can opener for as long as I can remember. I asked her if she even remember how to use one, or if she even could? She said no, not really. I told her she should get rid of them. She kept one anyway.

On the other hand, I have never had an electric can opener. I had a hand crank one in college, and I just always found it easier to have that kind (A nicer one than that ^ kind, though... with handle grips.)...

3939-church-key-can-opener-wmagnet-origi

I have one of these in my kitchen drawer. I only use it for opening really large cans of tomato sauce when I make chili. (Any idea why these are called "church keys"?)

It is b/c they resemble a large simple key.  A church key was typically a large simple key.

homeschoolmom

Not gross to me. I miss my DP.  Having no soda in the house makes it easy to rear my youngins soda-free. They have yet to taste the stuff.  

Yep. Our house used to be soda-free for years. But I'm weak. I don't always have it around, still rarely in fact. Mostly just in the summer when it's cheap.

Why did you do that?? Now I have Dueling Banjos in my head and other... nasty ... squeeling... :pinch:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8[/media]