Adorers Of The Sacred Heart Of Montmartre / Tyburn Nuns

I've known the Tyburn Nuns for the last 6 years now. They are very loving and kind, though they can be a bit austere and very traditional. They do let women stay on retreat where they can also do 24 hour adoration. There are night vigils too. 

It is true to say that they don't like walking around in the night. It can be disruptive to the silence, so if someone were locked in their room, that might have been thought to be for their own good (not that I necessarily support it though). I was not allowed to go home so late at night and Mother asked me to stay overnight after a day on retreat and then requested I spend more time in silence. At the time I thought it was a bit much, but then realised later on that I really did need it. I am not with their congregation, in fact, I am with a different one. Anyhow, just depends on how you know the sisters I guess. 

Love and prayer,

Kim-Therese x

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lil'Nun

• BarbaraTherese

• Ex Tyburn Junior

• EmilyAnn

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Indeed, it's disturbing to me that this community is being run down on phatmass when they have no way of "defending" themselves here so to speak. It may very well be that there are problems, but thes

Okay, so here is the 20 million dollar question. Does anyone know if they are open to older enquirers? Y'know, just in case I might, possibly, maybe, theoretically be tempted? Just asking. Y'know, Pur

Eligibility: The Tyburn Nuns consider vocations of all ages. If God calls, who are we to say He is wrong?   http://vocationoperation.blogspot.com/2012/10/community-spotlight-tyburn-convent.html  

I've known the Tyburn Nuns for the last 6 years now. They are very loving and kind, though they can be a bit austere and very traditional. They do let women stay on retreat where they can also do 24 hour adoration. There are night vigils too. 

It is true to say that they don't like walking around in the night. It can be disruptive to the silence, so if someone were locked in their room, that might have been thought to be for their own good (not that I necessarily support it though). I was not allowed to go home so late at night and Mother asked me to stay overnight after a day on retreat and then requested I spend more time in silence. At the time I thought it was a bit much, but then realised later on that I really did need it. I am not with their congregation, in fact, I am with a different one. Anyhow, just depends on how you know the sisters I guess. 

Love and prayer,

Kim-Therese x

​I have always been struck by the beauty of their life as it is described in various places on the internet. When I went on a school trip to London last year, I managed to convince a friend to come with me to pray in the chapel. She is a complete atheist but even she was struck by the "power of prayer" that seems to flow in that place :)

John Paul are you having trouble figuring out the reply/quote system? Let us know if you want a hand...

​I am good I figured it out

This is what I tried to say:

One of you called the mother general a control freak and I don't think you should say that because she thinks what she is doing is the will of God.(It may or may not be).