An Old School Catholic Message Board

Avemariapurissima Update

NatalieisCatholic

NatalieisCatholic

Did you meet her at their house in MI? I thought AveMariaPurissima went to one of their houses in Mexico, although of course she could have been moved. I really thought this was her though - http://www.holyrosarycedar.org/blog/2012/10/12/a-note-from-one-of-our-young-ladies/

Question, by the way, do you know if they receive their religious names when they enter as postulants or when they become Novices and receive the Habit? Thanks! :like:

edit: ah, if you talked with her about PM you must be right then! okay, she must be back in MI now :)

Yes, I met her at their house in MI! She entered in Tecate, Mexico but I think she was moved back to MI! I think she only moved back to MI recently since her spanish was very good. And I'm not sure when they receive their religious names, but I think it is when they enter. It was really nice to see how happy she is! 

FFI Griswold

Ave Maria!

What a beautiful habit color! Marian, and Eucharistic.. Do they seal it with the Marian Vow? They should! Then they'd be practically like the Franciscans of the Immaculate!

Mary, Mother of Vocations, pray for us!

In Corda Iesu et Mariae Sacratissima,

Friar John Paul

I wonder who supplies their heavy looking pendants? Iv never seen young ladies looking so happy behind bars before!!;)

NatalieisCatholic

Ave Maria!

What a beautiful habit color! Marian, and Eucharistic.. Do they seal it with the Marian Vow? They should! Then they'd be practically like the Franciscans of the Immaculate!

Friar John Paul

I'm not quite sure! I will definitely ask next time I visit! And they are both such beautiful orders dedicated to Our Lady!  :nun: God bless! 

I wonder who supplies their heavy looking pendants? Iv never seen young ladies looking so happy behind bars before!! ;)

All the sisters just radiate joy! It's so beautiful! :) And the pendants are really big miraculous medals! 

dymphnamaria

Ave Maria!

Friar John Paul

I remember a community who has Marian vow besides FI. Im not sure if it was the Trinitarians.

FutureSister2009

Did you meet her at their house in MI? I thought AveMariaPurissima went to one of their houses in Mexico, although of course she could have been moved. I really thought this was her though - http://www.holyrosarycedar.org/blog/2012/10/12/a-note-from-one-of-our-young-ladies/

Question, by the way, do you know if they receive their religious names when they enter as postulants or when they become Novices and receive the Habit? Thanks! :like:

edit: ah, if you talked with her about PM you must be right then! okay, she must be back in MI now :)

Her story is so much like mine. I used to want to be an actress as well. What an inspiration.

NatalieisCatholic

I remember a community who has Marian vow besides FI. Im not sure if it was the Trinitarians.

Are you thinking about the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara? They take a Marian vow too! :)

dymphnamaria

Are you thinking about the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara? They take a Marian vow too! :)

Yes, i believe they are also some others who practice Marian vow. I think their was a thread about this before.

• 4 weeks later...
AveMariaPurissima

Hi Pham!  I'm on a brief home visit, so I figured I'd pop in and say hi.  (Thank you, Natalie, for making this post!  It was great meeting you, and I hope to see you sometime soon!)

To clear up some of the above questions:

The picture that a couple people posted from our website is me.  The link to Holy Rosary that someone else posted is another young lady who entered the same time as me.

Normally, we don't receive new names until we become novices.  However, in my case, I got a new name early because there was someone else who entered the same time as me who had the same first name.  Since, of course, it would be way too confusing to have two sisters with the same name, Mother chose a new name. (which works really well, considering that St. Therese is one of my favorite saints, plus it was my middle name.)

I'm still only a postulant...so it's probably at least two and a half years before I'll get one of those awe.some long veils!

Please keep praying for me!!!  Although religious life is amazingly beautiful, the Cross is there too!  God bless all of you!

TheresaThoma

So good to hear from you! I hope you have a wonderful home visit. I will be praying for you!