An Old School Catholic Message Board

North Korea Threats

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

Obviously, they have threatened us before. But they have escalated their threats quite a bit, and it's gotten quite ridiculous. However, a nuclear threat is a serious threat, and we should treat it as so. But when I watch the news, they're talking nonstop about Justin Bieber or about how the President is off campaigning. Why does no one care? I get that chances are Kim Jong Un is just carrying on the family tradition of being a psycho, but threats of war should still be taken seriously, and I feel as if more concern could be given about the matter from the news and general public.

Edited by FuturePriest387

North Korea done lost their mind. But the world doesn't stop because it might end. It ends every day for lots of people, and the world goes about its business.

For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark,  and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man.

--Matthew 24:38-39

Remember that what we see from North Korea is what they want us to see. Kim Jong Un could well just be throwing his weight around to prove himself to his people. Accounts from foreign diplomats there seem to indicate that everything in Pyongyang is carrying on pretty normally so there's a good chance a lot of this is for show. Yes, it should be taken seriously, but that doesn't mean running around like headless chickens. 

Basilisa Marie

It was also birthday of Kim Jong Un's grandfather, the "founder" of North Korea, so that's probably a huge reason why they're parading around the nukes. 

PhuturePriest

Remember that what we see from North Korea is what they want us to see. Kim Jong Un could well just be throwing his weight around to prove himself to his people. Accounts from foreign diplomats there seem to indicate that everything in Pyongyang is carrying on pretty normally so there's a good chance a lot of this is for show. Yes, it should be taken seriously, but that doesn't mean running around like headless chickens. 

I never said to run around like headless chickens. I said we shouldn't yesterday when talking about it, actually.

I do take it seriously and I did hear about it yesterday. But the media sadly has other priorities. I don't know that if they will use WMD's since North Korea has been very unpredictable in their actions.  and what EM said.

does anyone remember President Bush's 2002 state of the union address that introduced the concept of an "axis of evil" comprising Iraq, Iran and North Korea

North Korea is the third cog.  North Korea has the forth biggest standing army in the world

North Korea's young leader Kim Jong Un's  aunt Kim Kyong-Hui and her husband Jang Sung-Taek, both 66 are really in charge

"They are in a hurry to establish Kim's image as a powerful military leader to gain respect and control.

now may not be the best time to invest in a Koran brand car like a kia or hyundai

I never said to run around like headless chickens. I said we shouldn't yesterday when talking about it, actually.

My point is why go on about it? There's nothing all that much to report , so what is the media supposed to be saying? They can report what there is, but when there isn't anything life goes on. 

Why?  Because shooting down a non threatening missile is an act of war and give the N K's a pretense to attack the south.

Apparently, Obama has been holding secretive meetings with North Korea for months now.

It's no surprise that when you have an inept, inexperienced leader like Obama trying to hold peace talks with a belligerent aggressive dictator, you will wind up with nuclear war threats.

the possibility of a missile launch by nort korea is very high,”Mr. Yum said, according to the Yonhap news agency.

Why?  Because shooting down a non threatening missile is an act of war and give the N K's a pretense to attack the south.

Apparently, Obama has been holding secretive meetings with North Korea for months now.

It's no surprise that when you have an inept, inexperienced leader like Obama trying to hold peace talks with a belligerent aggressive dictator, you will wind up with nuclear war threats.

the possibility of a missile launch by north korea is very high,”Mr. Yum said, according to the Yonhap news agency.

Edited by add

Nihil Obstat

the possibility of a missile launch by north korea is very high,”Mr. Yum said, according to the Yonhap news agency.

You should send that to the Onion. I would totally read that article.