An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anne Of Green Gables

PhuturePriest

I think carpentry and painting is cool, but I don't want to read a whole book series about some chick that paints gables.

I LOVED the first movie as a kid. I watched it over and Over and OVER again.

Bleeping LOVED it.

:-D

missionseeker

i have read all 8 many times. And Chronicles of Avonlea. And further chronicles of Avonlea. 

And a bunch of other L.M. Montgomery books. 

PhuturePriest

I think carpentry and painting is cool, but I don't want to read a whole book series about some chick that paints gables.

I take comfort in that we are now equal in terms of rank. There's a lot of confidence that comes with being a Church Militant, so I'm going to be a lot more lippy now.

Don't anger me, boy. And go to sleep. I'm pretty sure it's past the bedtime your wife gave you.

Nihil Obstat

I take comfort in that we are now equal in terms of rank. There's a lot of confidence that comes with being a Church Militant, so I'm going to be a lot more lippy now.

Don't anger me, boy. And go to sleep. I'm pretty sure it's past the bedtime your wife gave you.

I do not foresee this ending well for you.

It's not a rank, it's a classification. My rank is Winchester.

You've joined the illustrious classification to which the likes of mikolbe and catherinem belong. Congratulations. Getting jazzed about that is like freaking out over a participation ribbon in field day at school.

Nihil Obstat

Miles, feel free to print out and complete your participation award:

Participation%20Award.jpg

If you mail it to me with return postage and a small fee of $20, I will even sign it for you.

I hear the first two were good, but the last one sucked.

Yeah, again, i didnt read the books so I have no real reference, but the third seemed waaaaay off from the first two.

Spem in alium

Yes. I love the books! My mum first read Anne of Green Gables to me when I was really little. It's probably one of my favourite books.

PhuturePriest

It's not a rank, it's a classification. My rank is Winchester.

Whatever, shortie (Dylana let it spill that you're short).

Basilisa Marie

Eh, they're okay.  Though the last one, Rilla of Ingleside is one of the few books about the Canadian homefront during WWI that was written by a contemporary. So that's really cool. 

Does anyone else love this book series? This is my sister's favorite book series, and she has been telling me to read it for forever. We went to a wedding in Denver over the weekend and she got an audio-tape of it for us to listen, and my goodness, I immediately had to start reading the books. It's ever so slightly sad that I love these books so much, but hey, sue me.

Yes. Every chick in the world.

PhuturePriest

Yes. Every chick in the world.

I have found this strange anomaly where if I like something girls generally like, girls find that incredibly attractive, so really this is just another thing to be happy about.