PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 I am Econ -9.8 and Social -8.9 *Spits out tea* My goodness gracious. You're like the secret forbidden child of Nancy Pelosi and Al Gore.
4588686 Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 It is a bit off since I don't think that Anarcho-Communism is a viable political world-view. Normative, yes. But markets are important for efficiency, discipline and information. So I do think it's a bit clunky but it's fun and gives you an idea of where people are coming from.
4588686 Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 *Spits out tea* My goodness gracious. You're like the secret forbidden child of Nancy Pelosi and Al Gore. They're both feckless liberals.
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 They're both feckless liberals. You would know.
Anastasia13 Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 (edited) *Spits out tea* My goodness gracious. You're like the secret forbidden child of Nancy Pelosi and Al Gore. Hasan! Is it true?!? Marry me! Edited April 17, 2013 by Light and Truth
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 With as much as she talks about it, I think in some strange twist of fate, Hasan and Light and Truth will actually get married one day.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 Economic Left/Right: 0.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46 Some of the answers I just didn't really care about but there was no option for that....
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 Economic Left/Right: 0.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46 Some of the answers I just didn't really care about but there was no option for that.... I know, right? Some of the questions were either hard to understand, or I simply didn't care about them, or they were completely irrelevant. What the floopy does astrology have to do with politics? Are liberals more likely to use it, or what?
Nihil Obstat Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 I know, right? Some of the questions were either hard to understand, or I simply didn't care about them, or they were completely irrelevant. What the floopy does astrology have to do with politics? Are liberals more likely to use it, or what? Everyone knows that liberals have poor critical thinking skills. :|
Basilisa Marie Posted April 17, 2013 Author Posted April 17, 2013 I am Econ -9.8 and Social -8.9 Your numbers are more awe.some than I had hoped. :hehe2:
Nihil Obstat Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 (edited) I always forget just how poorly worded the questions are. Probably a good third of them, I think the wording creates an enormous disconnect between what they meant by the question, and what the question actually means. Anyway, Economic Left/Right: 5.50 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18 But the test is under protest because I maintain, seven years now since I took that test for the first time, that the questions are very poorly worded. Edited April 17, 2013 by Nihil Obstat
Ice_nine Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 I'm stupid. Is there a square on the graph for stpuid? But some of the questions aren't posed in a useful manner imo. For example, I think pornography is immoral but I don't think censorship is an effective remedy at all, nor do I trust any body to decide what is pornographic and what is not. And just because I believe something is bad does not mean I automatically endorse coercing people into doing good. But anyhow: Economic Left/Right: -1.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67 but I've taken this multiple times and pretty sure it always changes for me.
Nihil Obstat Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 Also, putting Romney at 8.5 l/r is absolutely ludicrous. Now I will take the test again, answering according to what I think the questions meant, rather than what the poor wording actually entailed. :| The answers I get for 'my version' of the test (tongue somewhat in cheek) are: Economic Left/Right: 7.75 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 Also, putting Romney at 8.5 l/r is absolutely ludicrous. Now I will take the test again, answering according to what I think the questions meant, rather than what the poor wording actually entailed. :| The answers I get for 'my version' of the test (tongue somewhat in cheek) are: Economic Left/Right: 7.75 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05 I didn't know you were such a raging liberal on the social issues, Nhil.
Apotheoun Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 I always forget just how poorly worded the questions are. Probably a good third of them, I think the wording creates an enormous disconnect between what they meant by the question, and what the question actually means. Anyway, Economic Left/Right: 5.50 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18 But the test is under protest because I maintain, seven years now since I took that test for the first time, that the questions are very poorly worded. Sometimes I did not agree or disagree with the question, but was completely indifferent to it, and so when that happened I just answered by giving what I saw as the least objectionable answer.
Basilisa Marie Posted April 17, 2013 Author Posted April 17, 2013 Also, putting Romney at 8.5 l/r is absolutely ludicrous. Now I will take the test again, answering according to what I think the questions meant, rather than what the poor wording actually entailed. :| The answers I get for 'my version' of the test (tongue somewhat in cheek) are: Economic Left/Right: 7.75 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05 Incidentally, your new scores keep you in the same area, and it doesn't seem to make too terrible of a difference.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 I wonder what I'd have to change to get exact dead center...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now