An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun Run Communities

ToJesusMyHeart

Chiquitunga

Confirmation by Carmelites. 

Awesome!! although of course I still wish you could visit two Carmels.. but understandable :like: I think the ultimate Nun Run for me would be to visit only and ALL the Carmels!!!  :smile3:

ToJesusMyHeart

Alright Pham, I need your help.

I got the following email reply from the Passionist order:

"Dear Katie,

Greetings from Kentucky Passionist monastery!

What a delight to hear from you. We are so delighted you desire to stop here for a nun run. I just shared this news with our little Texax A & M sister – Sr. Rose Marie (Shannon Schoppe graduated Dec. 2007) and she about did a little dance. J

BUT…half of our Sisters will be in solitude retreat the very week of your nun run. Generally we would not have any guests during this time. But…how can we say no to a Nun Run?  Our Mother Superior has OK’d what I am about to propose. Because of the retreat we cannot offer overnight accommodations nor a meal.  But we would love it if you are still able to stop by and spend some time here meeting some of the Sisters, learning about our life and praying with us. It would be great if you were able to be here for Vespers at 5 p.m. We have already made an exception to do this with another group of Nun Runners who contacted me about a week before you did! They are coming from U of Miami."

So I need y'all to help me brain storm where else in KY or nearby (like a 2 hour radius) we could sleep, since they cannot accommodate us as we were hoping. Does anybody have any ideas? 

Chiquitunga

If you get stuck, the Little Sisters also have places in Louisville, Oregon (Toledo) , and Cincinnati, Ohio.  We love Nun Runs!

domenica_therese

Aw, just look at Nashville, so beautifully centered in the middle of the nun run. It's almost like it was planned around it. :P

ToJesusMyHeart

If you get stuck, the Little Sisters also have places in Louisville, Oregon (Toledo) , and Cincinnati, Ohio.  We love Nun Runs!

I emailed the LSOP and they haven't emailed me back. 

The Passionists also recommended the Carmelites DCJ in Owensboro, KY as a place to sleep. I emailed them this morning.

The SSEW said they are booked for May with a " First Holy Communion retreat offered by us to the children at a nearby Parish, hosting a priest's 25th anniversary, the Sisters' family visit, and a day retreat for a Parish in Atlanta, amongst others." 

So now we may be visiting the Dominicans of the Perpetual Rosary in Marbury, AL instead. :)

God's will be done!

ToJesusMyHeart

Proposed Religious communities for Nun Run 2013:

1)      Cloistered Carmelites— Lafayette, LA: Confirmed yes

2)      Little Sisters of the Poor— Mobile, AL: Awaiting reply

3)      Dominican Nuns of the Perpertual Rosary--Marbury, AL: Awaiting reply

4)      Nashville Dominicans – Nashville, TN: â€‹Confirmed yes

5)      Passionists – Whitesville, KY: â€‹Confirmed yes

6)     Carmelites DCJ --Owensboro, KY: Awaiting reply

7)      Franciscan Daughters of Mary, Pro-Life Missionaries -- Covington, KY: Awaiting reply

8)      Sisters of Reparation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus – Steubenville, OH: â€‹Confirmed yes

9)      The Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts—Hopedale, OH: Awaiting reply

10)   Children of Mary—Newark, OH: â€‹Confirmed yes

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

Kayte Postle

Would I be able to meet up with you guys for the Ohio leg of the trip? (depends on the days y'all will be there of course).

ToJesusMyHeart

The Visitation sisters don't seem to provide an email address or a phone number. 

Snail mail would take too long.

ToJesusMyHeart

Would I be able to meet up with you guys for the Ohio leg of the trip? (depends on the days y'all will be there of course).

Yes. Please do! :)

•  Sisters of Reparation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus – Steubenville, OH 

-->Arrive afternoon (~1:30pm) May 16th. Spend day and night. Rise and lauds, mass, breakfast here. Travel May 17th at 9:30am to visit OSIH.

Return here 1pm. Depart 1:30pm for Newark.

• The Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts—Hopedale, OH (Friday)

--> Arrive 10am on May 17th –Visit 10am till after lunch ~12:30pm. Return to Steubenville to depart for Newark.

• Children of Mary—Newark, OH 

-->Arrive May 17th before 5pm for Vespers. Spend evening. Dinner. Compline. Stay night. May 18th: Rise, lauds, adoration, rosary, 9am MASS. Depart after mass ~10am.

Chiquitunga

The Visitation sisters don't seem to provide an email address or a phone number. 

Snail mail would take too long.

There's a fax number here, http://www.visitationmonasterymobile.org/HTMLcode/Directions.htm I've heard of a couple other cloistered contemplative communities too who seem to prefer to communicate by fax. Although there is a phone number here, different from their giftshop, http://www.mobilearchdiocese.org/templates/aom_contact.cfm?AOMDeptID=45

Kayte Postle

Yes. Please do! :)

•  Sisters of Reparation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus – Steubenville, OH 

-->Arrive afternoon (~1:30pm) May 16th. Spend day and night. Rise and lauds, mass, breakfast here. Travel May 17th at 9:30am to visit OSIH.

Return here 1pm. Depart 1:30pm for Newark.

• The Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts—Hopedale, OH (Friday)

--> Arrive 10am on May 17th –Visit 10am till after lunch ~12:30pm. Return to Steubenville to depart for Newark.

• Children of Mary—Newark, OH 

-->Arrive May 17th before 5pm for Vespers. Spend evening. Dinner. Compline. Stay night. May 18th: Rise, lauds, adoration, rosary, 9am MASS. Depart after mass ~10am.

Awesome sauce! I should be able to come!!