An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Even

DiscerningCatholic

I suppose it's a good idea if you're totally into consumerizing the communion experience and don't mind shoveling piles of money into some spirituality-exploiting corporation just so you can then dump tons of non-biodegradable plastic into America's rapidly rising landfills.

You know, if that's your thing.

Edited by curiousing

And by the way, if that's what "the Kingdom" is like, I think I'd better email Satan for that contract.

I suppose that could work to safely transport consecrated elements to parishes without priests. Or how about if we have a bad pandemic and can't safely congregate.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I suppose that could work to safely transport consecrated elements to parishes without priests. Or how about if we have a bad pandemic and can't safely congregate.

I could definitely see the possibility for lots of dropped hosts and fragments...I mean opening those little creamers without spilling a drop is tough enough.

DiscerningCatholic

The Prots use this type approach in a lot of mega churches where they might have several thousand at a service and everybody gets their own cup. It really is a bit of work, I grew up in a small church of only about 200 families...On communion Sundays the ladies would be pouring grape juice into all the little 1/4 ounce cups...From a Protty prospective it just makes sense.

All I could think of when I read this was, "YOU get a cup and YOU get a cup and EVERYBODY gets a cup!!!!!!

ohmygosh its on sale!!

Save $95 and get everything you need to celebrate holy Communion with your congregation!

(everything but the Real Presence)

http://www.kingdom.com/Stainless-Steel-Communion-Ware-Stackable-p/st5120.htm?click=75188

ST5120-2.jpg

rotfl "Everything but the Real Presence!!!"