An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Internet Is Not The Only Thing That Happened 20 Years Ago...

AnneLine

missionseeker

Just about?

JUST

ABOUT?!

You don't even know the date of your anaversity?!  You know when it was 'just about?!"

read it again, bonehead. "at about this time, THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN"

I seriously doubts she remembers the exact moment the photog snapped the shutter. geez. CALM DOWN

:P

Happy anniversary, AnneLine! 

I just realized I never got back on this thread, although I read all the comments and loved them all.

(A bit too much champagne and celebration day before and day of... ;) )  

Thank you PHAM, for all your loving words.   

I will tell you there were many a day we didn't think we'd get here.    We've battled inability to have kids... stage 3 cancer diagnosis and treatment.... job loss for both of us.... and a slew of other stuff.   Marriage is NOT for sissies!!!!

But thru it all, we've clung to eachother and we've clung to God.  And that is what makes it happen.  All of it.

I know some of you have had long marriages, some are contemplating, some are just starting.   It's worth it.  Really.   Hard, but worth it.   

And Mr. AnneLine and I are SERIOUS about praying for all of you... we prayed for months before the wedding, during the wedding and after the wedding --- and still do it from time to time! -- we prayed that everyone who in any way was connected withour wedding and/or marriage at any time would be blessed.   We both come out of an Ignatian tradition -- that all is being created to bring ourselves and others into relationship with God.  Why wouldn't God bless all those who are helping to make our marriage one that brings others to God.

I truly laughed out loud at this, Hasan....

Just about?

JUST

ABOUT?!

You don't even know the date of your anaversity?!  You know when it was 'just about?!"

and at your spirited defense, MissionSeeker!

read it again, bonehead. "at about this time, THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN"

I seriously doubts she remembers the exact moment the photog snapped the shutter. geez. CALM DOWN

:P

Happy anniversary, AnneLine! 

A few months back, I had reason to get a copy of my Baptismal Certificate.  If you ever need to do this, you'll find out that they annotate on the back of the certificate all the other 'first' sacraments and 'only' sacraments and things like that you have experienced.  So it tells you when you received first communion, confirmation, and if you have received Marriage or Holy Orders.

I was a bit surprised to find that the OFFICIAL date on the marriage part is.... April 30!    Now Mr. AL and I know perfectly well we got married on MAY DAY  -- we wanted St. Joseph's feast, AND he got all sorts of ribbing about getting married on 'MAY DAY  MAY DAY'!

What happened on April 30th was the REHERSAL DINNER.   Bet they signed the papers that night... and nobody noticed the error!

May try to post a few more photos over the next few days... you only turn 20 once in a marriage....

Winchester, I knew Papist and I had something in common.... although I will hug given a good reason. 

Glad you came to the party, too!  :kiss: