Gabriela Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 4. The feeling of double spacing a single spaced paper in Word after you're finished writing it! Totally! :-D
Gabriela Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 rotfl That was the best part of writing papers in school... Congratulations on your "trinity post", SrKateri! ;-)
MissyP89 Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 1) Sleeping in well past noon when I'm not working. 2) A long hot bath and quiet hours reading undisturbed. Bonus points if achieved with limoncello... 3) Bacon cheeseburgers from Stewart's (with a float) or Nifty Fifties (with a milkshake). 4) Reality TV. 5) My Little Pony.
Anastasia13 Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 (edited) In no paricular order: 1. Russian Dolls (TV show), and a few other movies/shows 2. The papacy, especially with Pope Francis 3. Alcohol, drinking or talking about 4. A handful of usually inappropriately aged attractive male celebrities 5. That feeling of calm and OK-ness that comes from leaving something that makes me feel more Armenian or something like that, being around that slightly less than perfectly white culture that's technically white and being a part of it in some way. Edited May 6, 2013 by Light and Truth
Chestertonian Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 1) Cigarettes [I don't want to hear it, ppl.] Have you ever tried vaping?
Gabriela Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 Have you ever tried vaping? No, but someone just said that wound up more expensive. Wasn't that you?
Kateri89 Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 Congratulations on your "trinity post", SrKateri! ;-) Thanks! And of course once I post this, I won't have that anymore :hehe2:
zabbazooey Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 No, but someone just said that wound up more expensive. Wasn't that you? Seriously, look into it! A local vape shop sells 10-50mL bottles of "juice"...the 30mL one lasted me a month for $15! It's cheaper than cigs for me! And supposed to be much healthier :)
Gabriela Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 (edited) Seriously, look into it! A local vape shop sells 10-50mL bottles of "juice"...the 30mL one lasted me a month for $15! It's cheaper than cigs for me! And supposed to be much healthier :) Yeah, but... is it really like smoking? I did some research on ecigs a while ago, and it just seemed like such a large initial investment for something that I might not like. Any ideas on how I can try it for cheap? Also, what's the success rate for getting off ecigs? I mean, I don't just want to get addicted to something else... The patch works well for me when I don't forget to put it on! Edited May 6, 2013 by curiousing
Chestertonian Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 No, but someone just said that wound up more expensive. Wasn't that you? It wasn't me. I'm a big advocate of them. They save you a ton of money and you can do it wherever you want. If you're ever interested in trying em out, let me know and I'd be happy to answer any questions or help however I can.
Kateri89 Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 Yeah, but... is it really like smoking? I did some research on ecigs a while ago, and it just seemed like such a large initial investment for something that I might not like. Any ideas on how I can try it for cheap? Also, what's the success rate for getting off ecigs? I mean, I don't just want to get addicted to something else... The patch works well for me when I don't forget to put it on! I was just talking with a coworker of mine who strongly suggested hypnosis for smoking cessation. It might sound like hokum but it apparently has high success rates. It also works for issues like weight loss. That is, of course, if you want to quit smoking :)
Gabriela Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 I was just talking with a coworker of mine who strongly suggested hypnosis for smoking cessation. It might sound like hokum but it apparently has high success rates. It also works for issues like weight loss. That is, of course, if you want to quit smoking :) I've heard hypnosis works. I'd totally try it if I could find someone reliable and affordable to do it. Suggestions?
Gabriela Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 It wasn't me. I'm a big advocate of them. They save you a ton of money and you can do it wherever you want. If you're ever interested in trying em out, let me know and I'd be happy to answer any questions or help however I can. ...is it really like smoking? I did some research on ecigs a while ago, and it just seemed like such a large initial investment for something that I might not like. Any ideas on how I can try it for cheap? Also, what's the success rate for getting off ecigs? I mean, I don't just want to get addicted to something else... The patch works well for me when I don't forget to put it on!
Chestertonian Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 Yeah, but... is it really like smoking? I did some research on ecigs a while ago, and it just seemed like such a large initial investment for something that I might not like. Any ideas on how I can try it for cheap? Also, what's the success rate for getting off ecigs? I mean, I don't just want to get addicted to something else... The patch works well for me when I don't forget to put it on! You can try them out in the ecig shops. A whole set up can be had for $30. A lot of people who switch to vaping don't worry about quitting since they're not really that bad for you. Anyhow, I better quit derailing this thread. If you have any questions, let me know.
Kateri89 Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 I've heard hypnosis works. I'd totally try it if I could find someone reliable and affordable to do it. Suggestions? I only know of the Dr. who does hypnotherapy where I live. From what I understand, you go for a session with him and then he gives you his DVD which you use at home every day for a few weeks.
LinaSt.Cecilia2772 Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 1. Dancing With The Stars 2. Tiramisu 3. Pizza 4. Salt Lick Barbeque 5. CHOCOLATE 6. Rom Coms and chick flick sappy love story movies 7. Cheesecake 8. 90's boy band music (Particularly Backstreet Boys and NSYNC) 9. Old School Britney Spears music from the late 90's and early 2000's 10. Coconut Macaroons I know there's more but I can't think of them at the moment.
CatholicsAreKewl Posted May 6, 2013 Author Posted May 6, 2013 I've heard hypnosis works. I'd totally try it if I could find someone reliable and affordable to do it. Suggestions? I could be totally wrong but I think the research might still be iffy on hypnotherapy. CBT has been shown to work for a bunch of things, though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
Luigi Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 Some people don't know the difference between "pleasures" and "guilty pleasures." Some people have hijacked a thread that should have been a guilty pleasure and turned it into a guilt trip, even after they were warned that "I don't want to hear it, ppl."
Spem in alium Posted May 6, 2013 Posted May 6, 2013 4. The feeling of double spacing a single spaced paper in Word after you're finished writing it! I love this a lot. :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now