Aloysius Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 I think i wanna go to Ave Maria University in Naples... either that or Franciscan in Steubenville, Catholic University in D.C., Gannon, St. Vincent, Notre Dame, Holy Cross, dot dot dot but Ave Maria is still choice, since i could go to the beach! hehe... anyway, i heard VeraMaria lives in florida or somethin, close to naples? hehe, that'd be so phat i'm going to visit Ave Maria in June, i think, if i can convince my family so what colleges art all thouest thinkingeth about or already going to?
voiciblanche Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 I'm far away from college, but I think I'll go to UD or Notre Dame. If I don't go straight into a convent, that is.
azaelia Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 I LOVE Ave Maria, but I think I'd go to the college in Michigan because FL is so far away for me My top choice is Thomas More College for the Liberal Arts in Merrimack, NH. It's small, affordable, has a Rome semester, and offers the stuff I want. I want to major in either Philosophy or Literature.
azaelia Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='May 29 2004, 09:12 PM'] FUS FUS FUS!!!! [/quote] That looks really funny. No, I love FUS. I'm impressed with how persistent they are. I got at least 10 calls from them, checking up on what was going on with my college search. Made me feel special
the_rev Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 I saw an ad for Ave Maria on EWTN, and I'd consider going! Here is my list: Ave Maria St. Norbert St. John Vienney Catholic University of America Franciscan University of Stubenville Seminary: Our Lady of the Lake Seminary in Mundelein
ilovechrist Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 [quote name='azaelia' date='May 29 2004, 09:30 PM'] No, I love FUS. I'm impressed with how persistent they are. I got at least 10 calls from them, checking up on what was going on with my college search. Made me feel special [/quote] that's another reason why Steubie is so cool. everybody should go to Steubie. Steubie is the place to go.
cantstopdancin9 Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 Notre Dame, Our Lady of the Lakes, or St.Thomas for me
cathgirl Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 I want to go the the franciscan university of steubenville soooo badly!
Aloysius Posted May 30, 2004 Author Posted May 30, 2004 Rev, how cool would it be if you had on your college resume "Public Relations Guy for National Vocation Program Known as "Altar Call" haha... we seem to both have similar lists, maybe we'll end up at the same one
immaculata Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 [quote name='the_rev' date='May 29 2004, 10:16 PM'] Our Lady of the Lake Seminary in Mundelein [/quote] :wub: *siiiiiiiighhhh!!!* :wub: Mundelien is SOOOO gorgeous. If I was a boy, I'd become a priest just to go there! You would LOVE it. I really like Ave Maria, as well, but they're not planning on offering my major any time soon (Communications) AND they're not accredited yet. Maybe by the time my little sister goes to college, it will be great, but it's just not a logical choice yet, considering the size. So here's my list.. it's kind of small.. University of Notre Dame Bradley University University of Missouri in Columbia University of Illinois
dlz7486 Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 I'll be attending the University of Notre Dame in the fall. I hope to see some of you there!
let_go_let_God Posted May 31, 2004 Posted May 31, 2004 I will be attending the College of St. Scholastica in the fall. Odds are you don't know where that is, but that's where I'm going.
hopeful1 Posted May 31, 2004 Posted May 31, 2004 NOOOO!!!!! I though i heard that Ave Maria was going through some accrediation problems!!! I live in florida and was considering that college too. I don't really know a whole lot about it, other than it's the next best thing to stubie. Anyone know what they offer and how long the accrediation process takes? although i go to a Community college right now, i was offered a scholarship to Barry University in Miami Springs. i know that it's a good school academically, and they seem to have good nursing and education programs (although no secondary ed), spiritually i'm afraid it'll be like the catholic hs i went to where nobody cared. I may be able to earn a transfer scholarship from them if i keep my grades up (MUST GRADUATE CUM LAUDE!!!), but right now dad's not looking too kindly about catholic schools. Most likely i'll be stuck at FAU, where my uncle went when it first opened, but i don't really want to go there. I don't even know if i'll end up at the main campus or the little campuses in west palm. Cheaper tho :-/. anyone know if they have a newman center?
punkiepinay Posted May 31, 2004 Posted May 31, 2004 if u want a small catholic college try Marymount University in Arlington VA. im goin there next year and everyone is so awesome their campus ministry program ROX!!
immaculata Posted May 31, 2004 Posted May 31, 2004 [quote name='hopeful1' date='May 30 2004, 11:36 PM'] NOOOO!!!!! I though i heard that Ave Maria was going through some accrediation problems!!! I live in florida and was considering that college too. I don't really know a whole lot about it, other than it's the next best thing to stubie. Anyone know what they offer and how long the accrediation process takes? [/quote] A friend of mine went down there to visit, and they told him it would still take a couple of years to become fully accredited. I have another friend, Theresa, who's down there right now, and after her freshman year she decided she wanted to transfer back to Eureka College to be closer to home. Eureka told her that she'll have to enroll as a freshman because none of her classes from Ave counted. grrrr...
hopeful1 Posted May 31, 2004 Posted May 31, 2004 NOOOO!!!!! I feel sorry for your friend, that's gotta smell of elderberries. I know i want to stay in florida, so i'm far away enough to still be close to home, but i may just stay at the Community College i'm in now after i get my AA, take a few classes for whatever i need while i the classes are still cheap , the classes small and the profs that will actually listen -_- . The thing that smells of elderberries is that i've become painfully aware that outside of my old catholic school, no one knows a dang thing about catholicism (lets hear it for the bible belt, WOO HOO!) oh well Gotta figure out what i'm doing. Anybody know anything about Barry? FAU? Do they have a newman center?
ilovechrist Posted May 31, 2004 Posted May 31, 2004 [quote name='cathgirl' date='May 29 2004, 11:04 PM'] I want to go the the franciscan university of steubenville soooo badly! [/quote] we got another one.. yay steubie! the place with the most options (in my direction at least), and an awesome staff..
let_go_let_God Posted June 1, 2004 Posted June 1, 2004 One of my classmates is going to St. Leo's in Florida. I guess its pretty nice down there, especally for a Minnesotan boy going to college there. Shorts all year round man...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 1, 2004 Posted June 1, 2004 If I win the lottery, I'm gonna open a new Catholic University and offer scholarships to all my PM friends!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now