An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trandgender Navy Seal

Why did we need a second thread about this? 

31253504.jpg

Edited by Hasan

Anastasia13

Why did we need a second thread about this? 

31253504.jpg

I think what we are all really trying to say is that people/humans are whack.

Edited by Light and Truth

Anastasia13

title is misspelled.

That was intentional. Copy-catting is the surest way to fail at the creative arts. He was being creative in communicating effectively. And it worked-after all, you read this thread.

Clare Brigid

For those who have trouble understanding how one could go from being a Navy Seal to being a transwoman, I would like to explain something.

According to Dr. Ray Blanchard, there are basically two types of male-to-female transsexuals:  (1) homosexual transsexuals, who were truly feminine boys and who are exclusively attracted to men since reaching puberty; and (2) autogynephilic transsexuals, that is, heterosexual men who develop a fetish, usually starting with furtive crossdressing, that involves erotic excitement at the notion of having a female body.  The autogynephiles live typically masculine lives, marry, have girlfriends, etc.  They usually concoct a narrative of having done so to hide or overcompensate for hidden femininity, but this is not credible.  In actuality, they are pursuing a fetish.  They are sexually attracted to femininity, but this attraction becomes directed at themselves as women.

I would bet the ranch that Kristen Beck is an autogynephile.

I fall into the first group, the "homosexual transsexuals."

Although the "solution" for both groups is the same -- female hormones, surgery, and living in the female role -- they are actually two very different phenomena.  I do not support transition for autogynephiles.

I recommend the book, The Man Who Would be Queen, by Michael Bailey, for an engaging look at these issues.

Edited by Clare Brigid

photosynthesis

According to Dr. Ray Blanchard, there are basically two types of male-to-female transsexuals:  (1) homosexual transsexuals, who were truly feminine boys and who are exclusively attracted to men since reaching puberty; and (2) autogynephilic transsexuals, that is, heterosexual men who develop a fetish, usually starting with furtive crossdressing, that involves erotic excitement at the notion of having a female body.  The autogynephiles live typically masculine lives, marry, have girlfriends, etc.  They usually concoct a narrative of having done so to hide or overcompensate for hidden femininity, but this is not credible.  In actuality, they are pursuing a fetish.  They are sexually attracted to femininity, but this attraction becomes directed at themselves as women.

I'm no sociologist, but I've met a lot of trans people.  Not all transexuals are men who want to be women, and I have known a few who call themeselves asexual because they don't have any sexual feelings at all.  Your description might explain a bit about certain people, but I don't think it's universal.

Anastasia13

I don't understand what the point is supposed to be. :huh:

It's moot. Just go with the flow, girl.

(Allah would be proud.)

I don't understand what the point is supposed to be. :huh:

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

Clare Brigid

This is an excellent article, Brother Adam.  I read it a few years ago.  Thanks for reminding me.

The relevant excerpt is here:

A wholly male soul, whatever maleness means, or a wholly female soul, sounds unreal and oversimplified. But that is not what sexual souls implies. Rather, in every soul there is—to use Jungian terms—anima and animus, femaleness and maleness; just as in the body, one predominates but the other is also present. If the dominant sex of soul is not the same as that of the body, we have a sexual misfit, a candidate for a sex change operation of body or of soul, earthly or Heavenly. Perhaps Heaven supplies such changes just as it supplies all other needed forms of healing. In any case, the resurrection body perfectly expresses its soul, and since souls are innately sexual, that body will perfectly express its soul's true sexual identity.