An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Mystery Nun

dymphnamaria

dymphnamaria

tumblr_lzlsg00YYv1r18uyko1_500.jpg

This picture has been posted before and remain unidentified what community the sister belongs. Can someone help me identify this mystery nun?

Well lets narrow it down as much as possible. She appears to be wearing a Franciscan habit so even though there are a billion Franciscan orders we can eliminate all the others (Dominican, Benedictine, etc). She is likely in a warmer (wearing flip flops) climate and I have a feeling it's not the US. Her face is not visible but she doesn't appear African or middle eastern so I'm thinking either Asian or Hispanic. I am grasping at straws here :) I will try to figure it out!

I made about the same conclusion as SrKateri. She must be Franciscan, I would guess Latin American. Tiled floor and flip flops does indicate a warm climate, which would agree with Latin American. 

She's got something around her neck, but you can't see enough of it to tell what it is. That and the veil are the big identifiers...if only we knew the community! 

tumblr_lzlsg00YYv1r18uyko1_500.jpg

This picture has been posted before and remain unidentified what community the sister belongs. Can someone help me identify this mystery nun?

Is it just me, or does she look gigantic? Either the pew is tiny, or she's insanely tall. Also, really long fingers, holy moley!

VeniJesuAmorMi

My first thought was Franciscan as the colors remind me of the Poor Clare habit, but I have never seen such a long veil. Interesting. :)

OnlySunshine

I hate that I can't figure out which order she is from.  I love deoestgloria.com but they don't have listings for orders in Spain or Latin America (which is where I'm guessing she's from).  I agree with everyone that says she must be from a Franciscan order because her habit is so very Franciscan, especially the rope cincture around her waist.  Her veil is beautiful!  :)

It makes me wonder if she is of a Poor Clare order?

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Spem in alium

I agree with all the above insights (Franciscan, warm climate, insane and beautiful veil, long fingers).

It makes me wonder if she is of a Poor Clare order?

That's what crossed my mind too. I hope we can place her :)

I thought Poor Clare maybe at first too, but with those pews she doesn't seem to be enclosed.

I'm wondering about Capuchin. She does appear to be Spanish, South American. South America and Mexico have communities we do not know about in the US. I'm curious enough to keep searching. :)