An Old School Catholic Message Board

Short Notice Urgent Help Needed

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

This battle is just now beginning.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A TEXAN TO CALL.

Governor Perry's office is tallying calls RIGHT NOW about calling a SECOND special session for SB 5. This last time was a warm up. Let's get it together and make sure this passes! 

Call 512-463-2000

and say you would like to request a second special session for SB 5!!!

Call as many times as you can!

I'd say momentum is on our side if the whole reason it failed was a technicality. They will just bring it back up again under another name at the very least.

VeniJesuAmorMi

The bill passed but cannot become law so we are flooding the Capitol with phone calls requesting a second special session.

This battle is just now beginning.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A TEXAN TO CALL.

Governor Perry's office is tallying calls RIGHT NOW about calling a SECOND special session for SB 5. This last time was a warm up. Let's get it together and make sure this passes! 

Call 512-463-2000

and say you would like to request a second special session for SB 5!!!

Call as many times as you can!

May God reward you for posting this information! :)

I got on after the 3rd time calling (Three for The Holy Trinity!) I will certainly be keeping this in prayer. Hopefully the bill will go into effect soon enough.

To Jesus Through Mary

Thank you for posting this!!!

Special Session called! July 1 at 2pm!!!!

:yahoo:  :blowkiss:  :clap:  :dance2:  :dance6:  :kiss:  :clapping:  :woot:  :yahoo:

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!! So glad to hear that!!! 

You know, it's funny because I read an article on MSN (positively dripping with liberal enthusiasm) about the filibuster and Davis' "epic" role in it.  Afterwards, there was a related article titled "Democrats plan to kill Texas abortion bill with 13-hour filibuster" but all I saw was "Democrats plan to kill" and I thought that sounded about right.  However, I hate to stereotype because there are pro-life Democrats.  Nevertheless, I did feel a little queasy while reading the article about Wendy Davis.   :x

ToJesusMyHeart

everyone had their say and we have the votes, correct?

Yes. The bill passed 19-10 in the Senate but it was not able to be signed into law because the pro-aborts were mobbing and rioting and running out the clock. Lt. Gov. Dewhurst was unable to sign it until 12:02am, which is after midnight. 

Gov. Perry has called a 2nd special session and it will get passed then. :)

You know, it's funny because I read an article on MSN (positively dripping with liberal enthusiasm) about the filibuster and Davis' "epic" role in it.  Afterwards, there was a related article titled "Democrats plan to kill Texas abortion bill with 13-hour filibuster" but all I saw was "Democrats plan to kill" and I thought that sounded about right.  However, I hate to stereotype because there are pro-life Democrats.  Nevertheless, I did feel a little queasy while reading the article about Wendy Davis.   :x

Amen, sister. 

ToJesusMyHeart

On Monday, July 1st, the Texas State Legislature will reconvene to begin another special session on the toughest abortion ban bill in the country. This bill was originally passed with a 19-10 vote on Wednesday, 6/25. However, due to the mob actions of the pro-choice activists in the gallery, the official vote was not recorded until 12:02am (6/26) - 3 minutes after the special session ended.

This is a spiritual battle for the lives of unborn children. As such, we are going to each commit 1 day (24 hours) of prayer and fasting for God's hand to be on the proceedings and those casting votes in favor of this bill. A day petitioning God to silence those who fight against the lives of babies. That he would move supernaturally and extend his grace to our country once more. This is NOT an organized event at a specific location. This is a personal decision that will take place in the midst of daily lives.

WHEN: 2:00PM (6/30) - 2:00PM (7/1) CENTRAL TIME

What then?
1. Continue to pray for the legislation to pass everyday until the vote. Repent and petition. Pray that eyes would be open to see and ears to hear.

2. If you can, get to Austin, TX , wear BLUE, and be a face of the Pro-Life Movement on the day of the next vote. (Most likely July 30.)

https://www.facebook.com/events/165675143615371/?notif_t=plan_user_joined