An Old School Catholic Message Board

Short Notice Urgent Help Needed

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

Friends anywhere in Texas:

988639_10151743071876807_969761898_n.jpg

We need your support! PLEASE come join us in support of SB 5 which would essentially shut down several Planned Parenthood abortion clinics in Texas as well as further protect women, their unborn babies, and families across Texas.

NOW IS THE TIME.

Texas is pro-life. Texas women deserve better than abortion. We must act NOW!

Pro-Life Texans: Join us tomorrow for Stand for Life Sunday, Sunday June 23 at 2 pm at the Capitol for the House debate on SB 5. Parking is available at the state garage on 12th & San Jacinto.

Wear blue. Opponents of this bill will be staging a huge protest. We must stand up and visibly defend pro-life laws!

If passed, SB 5 will:
1.Increase abortion facility safety standards to the level of ambulatory surgical centers to shut down Gosnell-like abortion providers in Texas,
2. Require the 18,000 RU-486 abortions performed each year be done according to FDA safety standards,
3. Require physicians who perform abortions to be qualified to treat life-threatening complications after botched abortions and have privileges at a local hospital, and
4. Ban abortions on unborn children beginning at 20 weeks after fertilization, when scientific evidence clearly shows babies can feel pain.

More info here: www.TexasAllianceforLife.org

If you aren't in Texas, please join us in prayer that this bill is passed by the House. The Senate already passed it.  :pray:

What a coincidence! "Catholicsarekewl" and I will be in Austin tomorrow afternoon. You can expect to see us there!

ToJesusMyHeart

What a coincidence! "Catholicsarekewl" and I will be in Austin tomorrow afternoon. You can expect to see us there!

Great! Get your rally on! :)

me and vee might be there :ninja: :ninja:

Look for me; I'll be the one in blue. ;) 

For real though, if y'all want to meet up we can get ice cream or something. 

Also, there is a Latin Mass in the Cathedral at 3:30pm.  :smile2:

ToJesusMyHeart

Update:

The Pro-choice protesters will be arriving at 1pm. Get there before them if you can!!!

Come, Holy Spirit! 

dominicansoul

I got there too late, wore a pro-life tee and got verbally attacked by a pro-abort angry woman in orange.  The pro-aborts were out in force there at the capitol.  the pro-life group was no where to be found (except maybe in the gallery, but because of my pro-life tee, I was not allowed in the gallery.)

met a neat lady who's here from NY helping to establish a CPC in downtown Austin.  

My niece proved to be a pro-life pitbull.  I'm more a MLK quiet protestor.  She was interrupting the pro-aborts chants.  (She's really brave and an awe.some young lady.) :)

After an hour of swimming in a sea of haters, we decided we'd do more if we went over to San Jose's Adoration chapel. :) 

Praying for victory, but after the democrats delayed the debate and subsequent vote, it looks like time is running out...

I felt frustrated that there was no organized pro life group to be seen yet the pro aborts seemed very organized :(  There needed to be a rally point for us.  Finally on the way out we came a cross a pro life family who was like we couldve used you guys too because they were basically alone in a sea of pro aborts too.  

LittleWaySoul

sb-5-e1371656814707.jpg

Where the dots stand for abortion clinics. The number would drop from 47 to 5, from what I've heard.  :bounce:

Let us know how it goes, TJMH!

ToJesusMyHeart

At the Capitol today, I witnessed things I never thought I would see. From radical pro-choice feminists in string bikinis holding vulgar signs about killing children, to actual House Representatives who are supposed to be professionals holding up coat hangers and screaming at the top of their lungs about the right to kill children. 

I've seen things today I can never un-see and I'm shocked at just how outrageous and utterly disrespectful State representatives were permitted to be tonight. It was just flat out appalling. Zero respect, zero manners, zero concern for anybody except themselves.

It didn't help that practically nobody showed up on our side to support the bill. We were outnumbered at least 1 to 10.

Okay so if they stall enough tonight, and the special session ends, what does that mean for SB5?

ToJesusMyHeart

I got into the chamber. I was there listening to the proceedings from 7pm to 8:45pm then I had to drive back to school (2 hours away). I got home at 11:15pm. 

IT WAS AWFUL.

LittleWaySoul

At the Capitol today, I witnessed things I never thought I would see. From radical pro-choice feminists in string bikinis holding vulgar signs about killing children, to actual House Representatives who are supposed to be professionals holding up coat hangers and screaming at the top of their lungs about the right to kill children. 

I've seen things today I can never un-see and I'm shocked at just how outrageous and utterly disrespectful State representatives were permitted to be tonight. It was just flat out appalling. Zero respect, zero manners, zero concern for anybody except themselves.

It didn't help that practically nobody showed up on our side to support the bill. We were outnumbered at least 1 to 10.

Okay so if they stall enough tonight, and the special session ends, what does that mean for SB5?

I got into the chamber. I was there listening to the proceedings from 7pm to 8:45pm then I had to drive back to school (2 hours away). I got home at 11:15pm. 

IT WAS AWFUL.

What's the prognosis for the bill looking like?

ToJesusMyHeart

What's the prognosis for the bill looking like?

The Democrats around me were saying "The bill is going to pass, we can't stop that, but we can stall the hell out of it!!" 

So basically I dunno. I'm trying to figure out what it means myself if they stall it too long and the session ends.

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

LittleWaySoul

The Democrats around me were saying "The bill is going to pass, we can't stop that, but we can stall the hell out of it!!" 

So basically I dunno. I'm trying to figure out what it means myself if they stall it too long and the session ends.

Keep us updated! I'll offer Texas up in my prayers tonight! :amen:

ToJesusMyHeart

I got there at 1:30pm and the chamber was full already with pro-choice radicals so I went into the overflow auditorium where a ditsy girl tripped over a cable and broke the projector. So I left the auditorium and went outside and supported my friends who were holding pro-life signs and debating pro-choicers. 

Then at 2:55pm I headed to the Cathedral for Latin Mass. The homily was like 30 minutes long--great stuff--all about abortion, birth control, gay marriage, and euthanasia, and Mass lasted 2 hours.

Sometime during Mass they adjourned the meeting until 6:20pm.

So then I got dinner at a local diner, had a beer, and headed back to the Capitol. I got there at 6:15pm and waited in line for 45 minutes and then got into the chamber at 7pm. It was a lions den. Very chaotic. Insane. It felt demonic. Very scary stuff. So I prayed my rosary and DMC and got nasty looks (since I was surrounded on all sides by pro choicers). One girl even told me to shut up with my prayers. Don't worry, I didn't. 

Keep praying, but I dunno what's gonna happen....

LittleWaySoul

I got there at 1:30pm and the chamber was full already with pro-choice radicals so I went into the overflow auditorium where a ditsy girl tripped over a cable and broke the projector. So I left the auditorium and went outside and supported my friends who were holding pro-life signs and debating pro-choicers. 

Then at 2:55pm I headed to the Cathedral for Latin Mass. The homily was like 30 minutes long--great stuff--all about abortion, birth control, gay marriage, and euthanasia, and Mass lasted 2 hours.

Sometime during Mass they adjourned the meeting until 6:20pm.

So then I got dinner at a local diner, had a beer, and headed back to the Capitol. I got there at 6:15pm and waited in line for 45 minutes and then got into the chamber at 7pm. It was a lions den. Very chaotic. Insane. It felt demonic. Very scary stuff. So I prayed my rosary and DMC and got nasty looks (since I was surrounded on all sides by pro choicers). One girl even told me to shut up with my prayers. Don't worry, I didn't. 

Keep praying, but I dunno what's gonna happen....

:sad: