franciscanheart Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 Texas State Senator Wendy Davis is currently attempting a 13-hour filibuster of a bill regulating the abortion industry in our state. It's been an impressive thing to listen to and watch. Currently one of our Senators (Senator Lucio) is speaking about his gratitude to his mother for his life and is encouraging others to thank theirs. He stated plainly that he is Roman Catholic and spoke about the sanctity of life. Really beautiful? Listening to Senator Davis acknowledge his deep faith, deserving of much respect. She has spoken to his desire to care for children after birth, calling him "consistent beyond compare".Anyway... are you watching?
ToJesusMyHeart Posted June 25, 2013 Author Posted June 25, 2013 I'm watching. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q8Hr0O20LY
CrossCuT Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 (edited) DENY THE RIGHT TO HEALTHCARE?! Stop putting a disguise over murder! Women already have the right to choose! Should I do the tango right now? Am I prepared for a child if that happens? siujwp39857aw9p4t8usnpdofigj n;xzdfgioj a49tw490et er09 8i[t49u Wsef i;sdkf The fact that a human life is on the line and not even acknowledged...makes me want to PUKE Edited June 25, 2013 by CrossCuT
ToJesusMyHeart Posted June 25, 2013 Author Posted June 25, 2013 Yeah listening to Wendy makes me sick.
franciscanheart Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 I don't think we need to be quite so dramatic about it. Do I disagree with some of what she says? Yes. Of course. But she doesn't make me sick. I respect what she's doing, even though I disagree. Being disgusted with each other doesn't really lead to respectful dialogue.
CrossCuT Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 (edited) I don't think we need to be quite so dramatic about it. Do I disagree with some of what she says? Yes. Of course. But she doesn't make me sick. I respect what she's doing, even though I disagree. Being disgusted with each other doesn't really lead to respectful dialogue. :| Is this the debate table or something? Edited June 25, 2013 by CrossCuT
franciscanheart Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 It's been interesting to listen to the testimonies Senator Davis has been reading. The questions she's answered have been interesting, too.
franciscanheart Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 :| Is this the debate table or something?Why, because I suggested drama was not only unnecessary but unhelpful? Is Debate Table the only place one should expect members of this site to act like adults and maintain some level of maturity when talking about difficult issues?
CrossCuT Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 Why, because I suggested drama was not only unnecessary but unhelpful? Is Debate Table the only place one should expect members of this site to act like adults and maintain some level of maturity when talking about difficult issues? I dont even....
franciscanheart Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 I'm still so in awe of the exchange between Senator Davis and Senator Lucio. What an example they both were for everyone who disagrees on such difficult issues!
Roamin Catholic Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 I love a good filibuster..always impressive
franciscanheart Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 I love a good filibuster..always impressiveI'm only disappointed (but only slightly) that Senator Davis and those in the know have declined to comment on how she's making it without a restroom break...(I think it's tacky to disclose such information, but I won't say I'm not curious!)
Gabriela Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 I'm only disappointed (but only slightly) that Senator Davis and those in the know have declined to comment on how she's making it without a restroom break... (I think it's tacky to disclose such information, but I won't say I'm not curious!) In the thread on this issue someone already stated that she had a catheter put in.
God the Father Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 A woman is making it all about her? Call the papers!
franciscanheart Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 This is getting nuts. That Dewhurst didn't know the rules is concerning to me.
franciscanheart Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 In the thread on this issue someone already stated that she had a catheter put in.That sounds snarky. I didn't see another thread about this, but please feel free to link and request a merge if you feel it's necessary.
LittleWaySoul Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 That sounds snarky. I didn't see another thread about this, but please feel free to link and request a merge if you feel it's necessary. http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/129949-short-notice-urgent-help-needed/
Gabriela Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 (edited) That sounds snarky. I didn't see another thread about this, but please feel free to link and request a merge if you feel it's necessary. Not intended to sound snarky. Already been linked. Thank you, LWS. Don't care if you merge or not. It's a big event. Why not two? Edited June 25, 2013 by curiousing
franciscanheart Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 Oh, that thread. I forgot that was related. I read it as a "Can you meet me at the Capitol" thread. My bad.
LittleWaySoul Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 Oh, that thread. I forgot that was related. I read it as a "Can you meet me at the Capitol" thread. My bad. It was originally about that, but now it's basically a running commentary/stream of what's going on. :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now