An Old School Catholic Message Board

Short Notice Urgent Help Needed

ToJesusMyHeart

dominicansoul

Been praying all day.  yes, it was definitely like entering the belly of the beast.  I knew we would get attacked, as we wore pro-life tees showing a baby in teh womb.  None of those proaborts wanted to be reminded of just who they are supporting to kill...

One thing I noticed, though, was, even if we were outnumbered by the pro-aborts, there really wasn't that many of them.  They couldn't totally fill the rotunda when they all gathered downstairs (I was watching them from above.)  they spread out, they took up seats in the gallery, but still, the galleries are not that big... they were just better organized for this event, while we pro-lifers were alerted at the last minute to show up.

When the pro-lifers do organize and come together, our numbers fill up the entire front lawn of the Capitol.  We take up all of Congress Avenue and the downtown area.  You wouldn't be able to cram all the pro-lifers into the Capitol, even if you tried!

I just pray the bill gets passed so Texas can move closer to becoming an abortion-free state.  Keep praying gals and guys!  

ToJesusMyHeart

Senator Lucio has confirmed to media he will vote to suspend 24 hour layout rule in the Senate to bring up SB5 in senate IMMEDIATELY.

It is rumored that Lt. Gov. Dewhurst is looking to suspend the 24+1 hour waiting period to send it back to the Senate to begin deliberation immediately. Mama Mary, St. Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, and the rest of you Holy Ones up there in Heaven, I'm calling on you now!! Please pray!

Official statement on the TX lege passage of SB5 is two-fold.
1. Thank you, Jesus. and
2. It's about damn time.

BREAKING STUDY: Researchers say clinics will be 100% safer for unborn babies if they are not aborted!!! 

ToJesusMyHeart

The Senate needs to pass it by Tuesday at midnight for it to become law. 

That's our prayer focus now!

:knight:

ToJesusMyHeart

The Democrats are threatening to filibuster. One in particular is taking the responsibility to do it and rumor has it that she's getting a catheter in....  :crazy:  :x

ChristinaTherese

Praying that it passes the Senate in time. :nun1:

Edited by Christina Thérèse

ToJesusMyHeart

Motion to suspend 24 hour waiting rule fails. (Bad news, now we have to wait until 11am to start debating on the senate floor)

Motion to adjourn until 7pm tonight passes. (Bad news, the democrats are wasting time so they can filibuster tomorrow morning) 

Damnit. 

:mad5:

ToJesusMyHeart
They'll probably discuss something unrelated at 7pm. They can't start hearings on SB5 til after 11am tomorrow and Sen. Wendy Davis will try to filibuster it. She'll probably succeed because it'll only have to be an 11 hour filibuster to kill the bill.

Excuse me while I go smack a democrat.

:cuss:                          :wall:

ToJesusMyHeart

We were only short 1 vote from being able to debate SB 5 today. One fudging vote might cost us this bill. 

I hate politics. 

ToJesusMyHeart

Tomorrow, the Texas Senate will be working to pass SB5...the largest pro-life bill ever to be considered in our country. This is HUGE. If this passes, it will break open the ability for other states to get this passed. Every portion of this bill has already been found constitutional. And guess what? NO EXCEPTIONS in any portion of this bill. This is a REAL way for us to shut down almost every abortion clinic in our country.

This is such a BIG DEAL, that the president of PP, Cecile Richards, will also be showing up to oppose the bill.

We need your prayers...but we also need your presence. If you live in Texas and are able to show up tomorrow, please consider doing it.

The abortion community has shown up in big numbers. We know that Texas is a pro-life state...but the minority of pro-aborts in this state have shown up and have proven an embarrassment for their cause with their behavior. If you can, please come and WEAR BLUE! We need you there!