An Old School Catholic Message Board

Updates On Application Process

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

I'm glad you are continuing to make progress in your application.  Would you be entering this Fall or next Fall?  :)

Next fall. I've got a year of school left. :)

I'm actually scared of all of the exams and stuff that I'd have to have done. I hate going to the doctor. I don't have seizures or anything like that; the most severe "chronic" "problem" I have is I always get a really bad cough for a few weeks after I get a mild to severe cold, but other than that, I'm fine. I just hate getting poked and prodded on every inch of my body.

Glasses? I don't care; I look like a nerd, but whatever. I have better than 20/20 vision right now, so that's not even on the radar. :| I'm not insane...at least not like THAT.

The other thing I'm worried about is my SAT score (again, probably without reason), but I don't think that that is a huge factor in your acceptance. 

Well hopefully you'll get your bloodwork done on a super cool and ironic Feast day like me! :)

DiscerningCatholic

Well, I fly up to Ann Arbor on Nov. 8, which is the feast day of Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity. And I will likely receive papers on the anniversary of my baptism (Nov. 9). 

domenica_therese

P.s. I had my physical done yesterday, and it had the surprise requirement of getting bloodwork done.  :unsure:

This wouldn't be a big deal except that I'm scared of needles. Anyway, it happened and I'm fine. :) A little bruised on my vein, but all is well. 

Me too! That was worse than the psych eval for me. I had to get a lot of bloodwork done as a child though so I'm semi-ish used to it.

I find it very informative of all the things/requirements that are needed from a person! Sr Mary- Thank you for the explanation! My perspective- not everyone goes onto college after High School. Not everyone can afford to do so. Just because a person does not have a college pedigree to hand over... does not mean they would have difficulty in partaking in education once they are accepted.(Providing a college degree isn't on the list of requirements in order to be accepted in the first place) Yet, I notice that the majority of young discerner's on here are students in one way or another. Plus it is good to have something in one's pocket for insurance.

As far as blood work.. You could of asked the lab person what was ordered by your PCP. Iron, Vitamin D, folic acid etc... They will explain what the codes are. Where I live.. We are all deficient on V-D Im sure you are just fine!! ;)

TheresaThoma

(Random side note: for all of you who are concerned about blood work, make sure that you drink TONS of water the day before and morning of. It makes it so much easier overall)

ChristinaTherese

(Another comment about blood work: It hurts so much less than shots. I don't really feel it after the needle goes in, and if you're relaxed and don't look (maybe just pray while they put it in) it shouldn't hurt to badly when they put the needle in either. But it doesn't hurt for very long afterwards and just heals as easily as any old pinprick, whereas shots can be sore for quite a while afterwards.)

ToJesusMyHeart

My vein is all black and blue still. But it doesn't hurt, that's true. :)

OnlySunshine

A good way to help it heal is to apply an ice pack twice a day for 15 to 20 minutes.  Also, taking Tylenol (no NSAIDs like Advil or Aleve) can alleviate the hematoma that formed under the skin.  Hematomas are essentially blood bruises. 

OnlySunshine

Thank you, nurse Mater! :)  :blowkiss:

Welcome!  I hope to be a real nurse in 2-3 years now that I've been accepted to the 4-year school!   Just need to finish the prerequisites. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

ChristinaTherese

I guess we bruise differently. ;) I'm basically fine with most pain (I've had to deal with enough), I'm just scared of needles.... Hence my opinion being as it was.

Anyway. Back on topic. I'm glad that things are going forward. And, to bump someone else's question that you must have missed on the previous page: Provided that you're accepted, will you enter this fall or the next one?

Edited by Christina Thérèse

OnlySunshine

I guess we bruise differently. ;) I'm basically fine with most pain (I've had to deal with enough), I'm just scared of needles.... Hence my opinion being as it was.

Anyway. Back on topic. I'm glad that things are going forward. And, to bump someone else's question that you must have missed on the previous page: Provided that you're accepted, will you enter this fall or the next one?

She answered it already.  Next fall because she has 1 year of school left.  ;)

ChristinaTherese

She answered it already.  Next fall because she has 1 year of school left.  ;)

Thanks. I guess I was the one who missed things, not TJMH. ;)