An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans Of The Immaculate

dymphnamaria

dymphnamaria

Neat pictures!  Except for the Mac.... <_<

Thank you, but whats with the Mac?

Thank you, but whats with the Mac?

I don't know.  You would think cloistered nuns would want to use something a little less geeky.  Would Jesus use a Mac?  I think not.  But, perhaps it was a donation.

dymphnamaria

I don't know.  You would think cloistered nuns would want to use something a little less geeky.  Would Jesus use a Mac?  I think not.  But, perhaps it was a donation.

One thing I know, they don't own any property and probably that Mac. 

Isn't part of their apostolate publishing and so on? Most work of that sort is done on Macs - they seem to be the industry standard. The software is better and, from what I remember of my days in magazine publishing, our external printers insisted on Mac-ready files. Converting from Windows to Mac can lead to odd things happening.

domenica_therese

Well, that's a pretty oldish looking mac -- definitely not the latest to roll off the assembly line.

I'm pretty sure they're not cloistered because one of them visited my university. Also, aren't these sisters missionaries? Or maybe they have both active and contemplative branches? The sister who visited us told us some pretty crazy stories about the dangers they face and the diseases she has contracted. These sisters are intense, and awesome! 

dymphnamaria

I'm pretty sure they're not cloistered because one of them visited my university. Also, aren't these sisters missionaries? Or maybe they have both active and contemplative branches? The sister who visited us told us some pretty crazy stories about the dangers they face and the diseases she has contracted. These sisters are intense, and amesome! 

The sister with the computer is from their contemplative branch. The sisters that you have met are probably the active ones, you can distinguish the two from their veils. The sisters on mission lands have different experiences to tell. I have heard from a sister who had contracted with some kind of a disease in Africa. But overall, most of the sisters shared funny experiences from their mission. :)

FFI Griswold

Ave Maria! Those pictures are so beautiful! Where did they come from? I may be able to use them in higher resolution for the future, or maybe get them to the US sisters here..

10.jpg

What game are they playing? I see them playing that here as well. Must be some kind of worldwide-FI-sister-sport or something.. The friars here have been playing street hockey and basketball lately, but this sister looks like she can do some serious rebounding!

Clarissas3.jpg

What are they doing?

6.jpg

What are they doing? These pictures are so interesting - they need captions!

Ave Maria!

In Corda Iesu et Mariae Sacratissima,

fra John Paul, FI